This One Picture Sums Up New York

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Tell me qbout it, 1400 for one bedroom. Im planning to up the block to mt vernon or yonkers.

I thought Mount Vernon and Yonkers were also around that price?

And it's crazy because a lot of those neighborhoods have household incomes of like 30k, which is nowhere near enough to pay that. I guess the poor people either live in the projects or if they're immigrants, they'll share an apartment with several people.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
That burned deep bro, nikkas treat bx as if it was a third world country status of the boroughs.

All facts though. I work in the Bronx. We do community work and it sadly very blited and morbid. Aside from river dale and up near Pelham bay, the Bronx is exactly that.

I live in Harlem, it not too far away from this so...

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I thought Mount Vernon and Yonkers were also around that price?

And it's crazy because a lot of those neighborhoods have household incomes of like 30k, which is nowhere near enough to pay that. I guess the poor people either live in the projects or if they're immigrants, they'll share an apartment with several people.

I know rent control is the only thing that still makes it possible for a lot of people to be able to remain out here in the bay. Maybe NY has it too?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not that deep.:heh: I knew somebody was gonna bring up 9/11, but I just didn't expect to see that big ass picture :mjlol:

No. It is that deep. 9/11 is deeply offensive. But not for the reasons the media has brainwashed the idiotic masses to think.

The part about 9/11 that is offensive is the fact the people who really did the attack are still out there living free while millions have died as a result of the lies surrounding it.

Pictures of the towers in flames shouldn't offend people. That is evidence of the crime scene. Pictures of Larry Silverstein should offend people since he's one of the co-conspirators behind the 9/11 attacks.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I know rent control is the only thing that still makes it possible for a lot of people to be able to remain out here in the bay. Maybe NY has it too?

Only old people have rent controlled apartments because it's only for people who have been living in the apartment since 1971 or earlier. There are some people paying like 100 dollars to live in Manhattan because of this. The landlords probably can't wait til these people die.

However a lot of people have rent stabilized apartments, and a lot of people (400k) live in the projects. And a lot of immigrants and hipsters are able to pay the high market rate rents since they'll share apartments with several people.

Some people have speculated that all the subsidized rents drive up market rate rents, and I think there's some truth to that because some neighborhoods have an average household income of 20k, but apartments start at 1400 or so per month.