This is where BM depravity and toxic masculinity leads: BW homicide rate at 70 year lows

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this graph deserves a thread over anything else

mm7042a6-F.gif
What is this graph actually measuring? :why:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if you pull out the numbers they say that something like 45% of murderers and murder victims are black males.
thats with us being about 13% of the population
Ah, that makes more sense. This is why poorly labeled charts piss me off so much.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Pardon me if it was covered in the thread already, but as of 2024 do Black women suffer the highest homicide rates among American women? And has that historically been the case?
And is this true for the total numbers, not just the rates? If they make up a small % of population, yet a high % of female homicide victims, then there is cause for concern and action to address it.

Yes, you are correct they have the highest homicide rate amongst women as we do among men. Not sure if absolute numbers are highest. I want to be clear, this is not ok and I am not saying steps should not be taken to reduce female homicide in our communities.

This is primarily a response to hyperbole in rhetoric which I never think solves anything.

Remember in the 90s when the Black woman higher education gap began to widen? A real issue that must be addressed and resolved as we discussed in the HBCU threads.

The downside in the discussion was people started throwing out crazy "stats" like the female to male ratio at Howard, Hampton, random PWIs etc. was 8:1 or 11:1 or whatever. I remember being told this and when I presented real numbers back then some people just straight said they didn't believe me. Every crazy false assertion was accepted in the same of self-criticism.

I want solutions but the problem needs to be grounded properly and not used as a gender war talking point.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Sir we had a feminazi that came running into a thread yesterday trying to spew misconceptions. When we showed her and others the actual findings in the stats she took off running, because she was caught spreading misinformation. So lets clear up a few things. There is a difference between overall homicides and "partner homicides." Those are two different categories. Here was an article posted by NPR based upon stats from the CDC

"The report also found that black and indigenous women are slain, in general, at significantly higher rates than women of other races. Black women are killed at a rate of 4.4 per 100,000 people, and indigenous women at a rate of 4.3 per 100,000; every other race has a homicide rate of between 1 and 2 per 100,000.

Hispanic women who were killed, meanwhile, were the most likely to be killed in connection to partner violence (61 percent of all homicides of Hispanic women)."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...urder-victims-are-killed-by-intimate-partners

So when you are just looking at a number you don't realize that the stats are not stating what people think that they are stating. There is a difference between homicides of women and partner violence homicide of women. So what those stats point to is that Black women are not dying in domestic partner violence at the same percentage as Hispanic women, which means that people are misapplying and overstating Black women death attributed to to intimate partner violence. The fact that Black women and Native American women are dying at such a high rate points to stuff like substance abuse, prostitution and homelessness. We already know that Native women have a history of substance abuse so when you see Black deaths on par and even greater than that of Native Americans then that should tell you that the deaths are more in line with women engaged in illicit street activities, because they would be exposing themselves to abusive violent men.
Damn what thread was that?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Yes, you are correct they have the highest homicide rate amongst women as we do among men. Not sure if absolute numbers are highest. I want to be clear, this is not ok and I am not saying steps should not be taken to reduce female homicide in our communities.

This is primarily a response to hyperbole in rhetoric which I never think solves anything.

Remember in the 90s when the Black woman higher education gap began to widen? A real issue that must be addressed and resolved as we discussed in the HBCU threads.

The downside in the discussion was people started throwing out crazy "stats" like the female to male ratio at Howard, Hampton, random PWIs etc. was 8:1 or 11:1 or whatever. I remember being told this and when I presented real numbers back then some people just straight said they didn't believe me. Every crazy false assertion was accepted in the same of self-criticism.

I want solutions but the problem needs to be grounded properly and not used as a gender war talking point.
Thank You. I ignore listed a good % of the board, so I miss the context of a lot of threads and discussions here.

Going to go ahead and read this full thread. I think some of the deaths were/are the result of domestic violence. In previous generations there was a level of economic dependence on men, and perhaps lack of support resources for victims. I believe that women have more economic opportunities now, and more social system resources and that increasingly, they've left DV situations before they turned deadly.

I'm a strong believer in jailing violent criminals before they harm or kill more victims. Have to be removed from society to protect others. So, going to see how local and state laws about DV complaints have effected these homicide numbers