This is exactly why 78% of americans dont have 1k saved up

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
I don't qualify for anything, but I hope people put some aside for taxes next year because the government definitely will want some of that back.

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't qualify for anything, but I hope people put some aside for taxes next year because the government definitely will want some of that back.
I don’t think so. I was a youngin in ‘08 but when they sent those checks out, they were tax free and the government didn’t try to recoup the money.

If anything they recouped it when the people spent it lol

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Why, breh? :picard:
Didn’t have a car note for almost 4 years. Had two older vehicles that were paid off but kept me in the shop with repairs. The tipping point was having to replace a transmission for $4000. Then 3 months later the check engine light was back on, the car was stalling and nobody could read the codes.

So I said fukk this, I’m getting something new and reliable. Then a month later my wife’s car started fukking up around the same time my teenage daughter got her license.

Fast forward a couple of years later and we have......

A late model fully loaded full size SUV financed through my credit union. I got a great rate but it’s a $50,000 truck. Leasing a late model luxury sedan for my wife. And 2 paid off vehicles for my son and daughter.

The killer is car insurance rates for teenage drivers. My premium doubled the moment I put my daughter on the policy. Then my wife got into 2 accidents and had some speeding tickets. So we’re fukked until my kids get older and that shyt drops off my wives record.

The upside is now I don’t have to worry about anything but putting gas in the vehicles. Every repair is covered by a warranty even up to minor shyt like oil changes and tune ups. So I drive every day with peace of mind on beautiful leather seats.

But it hurts to write them checks every month.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Didn’t have a car note for almost 4 years. Had two older vehicles that were paid off but kept me in the shop with repairs. The tipping point was having to replace a transmission for $4000. Then 3 months later the check engine light was back on, the car was stalling and nobody could read the codes.

So I said fukk this, I’m getting something new and reliable. Then a month later my wife’s car started fukking up around the same time my teenage daughter got her license.

Fast forward a couple of years later and we have......

A late model fully loaded full size SUV financed through my credit union. I got a great rate but it’s a $50,000 truck. Leasing a late model luxury sedan for my wife. And 2 paid off vehicles for my son and daughter.

The killer is car insurance rates for teenage drivers. My premium doubled the moment I put my daughter on the policy. Then my wife got into 2 accidents and had some speeding tickets. So we’re fukked until my kids get older and that shyt drops off my wives record.

The upside is now I don’t have to worry about anything but putting gas in the vehicles. Every repair is covered by a warranty even up to minor shyt like oil changes and tune ups. So I drive every day with peace of mind on beautiful leather seats.

But it hurts to write them checks every month.

Ok. I understand!

I thought you had one car you dropping a stack on per month.