This console generation is disapointment after disapointment. how long until next gen?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thoughts are if gaming has been declining with a new generation, what makes you think a NEWER generation won't continue that same trend, seeing as the same people behind games now would be behind those games as well??
cause everything has ups n downs

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO
I always scratch my head when I see people going on about VR like it's something new :what: They had this push multiple times throughout the gaming generations, working head sets / head tracking and all ...and each time it's failed. Now that's not to say a good push can't be made now but the proplem has always been matching the games with the hardware. Every time this has came there was always shytty games that accompanied it. Hell I played a couple VR games at the mall back in the 90's

As a matter a fact this is the one I played...
Atari-VR-Headset-1041428ZSJ.jpg
d8a3bf6ca978ff4a0c54eb90ad360484.jpg

:manny:

gallery_1496_17_140108.jpg

nintendo-sega-virtual-reality.png

realta-virtuale.jpg

stuntmaster_side1_large.jpg

Even PC gamers :flabbynsick: back in the day couldn't be bothered with it....

the-vfx-3d-was-another-early-virtual-reality-helmet-according-to-one-reviewer-it-was-simply-a-set-of-virtual-reality-glasses-stuffed-into-an-old-vfx-helmet-shell.jpg

This has more to do with firms not wanting to be beat to market or to far behind the loop if a technology hits. like 3D TV or google glass they will leave en-mass if "they" deem it flops. With that said I definitely believe in the tech & concept. That's actually why I went to school for software engineering was ideas around that tech.

But I don't see anything that pulls me... except one.

Mark Zuckerberg says the future of communication is telepathy. Here’s how that would actually work.

imrs.php
Mark Zuckerberg says the future of communication is telepathy. Here’s how that would actually work.
Lasers, magnetism allow glimpses of the human brain at work

Mark Zuckerberg Says It Will Take 10 Years for Virtual Reality to Reach Mass Market
Mark Zuckerberg Says It Will Take 10 Years for Virtual Reality to Reach Mass Market
zuckerberg.vrx2760.jpg

While everybody else is looking to "follow the market" it looks like Mark .Z has further reaching planes. I.E. the VR push for him seems to be a means to an end :jbhmm:
If the whole VR thing flops again he'd still have his people in the lab. For him VR is a puzzle piece to something bigger.

Thats my take anyway :yeshrug:
Breh you really gonna cite 20+ year old hardware as to why VR will flop :childplease:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Is it possible that the consumer is somewhat spoiled?

I'm not saying that's the case...but have we really examined that?

I mean, in the past, games that are iconic would not be considered mediocre.

The Division is actually a well done game. I'm having my issues with it but I do think it was well done. I've had to catch myself and think whether I'm being too harsh.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont know what some of y'all consider next gen but im happy with the product. the games out now are dope as fukk, and i only got a ps4 X1 has heat over there and so does the Wii U. but lets be serious pc is and will always be next gen because its a open source. interchangeable parts is where the console generation should go. stop holding back the player and let niggss mod should be introduced too

i think we are a ways off the lawn mower man shyt so im not even worried about vr

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
cause everything has ups n downs

Unless the current practices that are staples in game development are shifted heavily with new console tech, it won't matter honestly. New tech won't change shyt if the people behind it keep doing the same stuff they've been doing which is seemingly under-delivering on big promises, and everything revolving how DLC is handled today.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Ask yourself this and answer honestly

Is this gen better than 360/ps3/ wii era?
Is this gen better than ps2/gamecube/xbox/dreamcast era?
Is this gen better than ps1/n64/saturn era?
Is this gen better than snes/genesis era?

What new killer apps are out? What hot new series is blowing everyone's mind? What current gen game has fully delivered? How has gaming progressed this gen?