This AI Generated Music is getting TOO real

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
I mean this is cool but it'll never outdo the real person. The AI is limited and not as clever as man.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
One off example, is if I’m a sketch comedy artist or parody these sort of AI generated songs are a goldmine.
Definitely, but isn't part of creating art coming up with ideas, even if it takes massive amounts of time to do it?

I can understand that AI's results come from a database, so it might not produce anything "new" in a grand scheme of things but a patchwork of ideas it digested. But whether a patchwork comes from recycled materials or not, it's still a brand new artwork... And the artist that gets inspired by what he asked the AI to produce is deprived from the artistic and intellectual activity of collecting from his own experiences to make some stuff up. He still has an input, control and direction of the overall conduct of the artistic process, but part of it becomes inaccessible to him. It's a black box.

Without falling into anti-technology fearmongering, I think AI has both the potential to render art more "soulless" by separating the artist from his art in a dramatic way, and to open new doors for artists that will manage to create stuff they never could have without it.

It's similar to the traditional communist critique of technical progress when it comes to how it alienated workers from their work.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
This is a bad idea..
It is but it's going to happen whether we like it or not. The US could ban this shyt, just for other countries like China and Russia to use it to it's full potential which isn't a disadvantage the US is willing to swallow.

Might as wish guns, missiles, and nuclear missiles would not exist. AI is going to be an awful weapon for psych warfare, propaganda, and also replacing workers thus increasing productivity and profits. Humans can't ever work as a collective to come to a consensus to avoid destructive technologies because no one wants to give up the advantage. Hunger for power and greed will end us.

In this case, whoever can harness this power in the media marketplace successfully and acceptable enough for consumers is going to dominate the industry and others will follow their blueprint. Telling them not to do this is like telling companies to leave money on the table. They simply can't do it.

ElectroMan

Superstar
Daps
I am still rocking a PS3 - 2Pac

One love from a real gamer
Rollin wit a posse full of paranoid team killers

full

“I can see your heart beating fast cause you got a PS5”

:mjlol:
giphy.gif