Thinking about getting a Jetta as my 1st car...

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Also 3 owners already and facing 4 with only 60k miles?

Either something is wrong with the car which I kinda doubt but also likely OR after buying it they knew they fukked up and got rid of it.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Never go wrong with civics....and I do see a lot of older VW Jettas...@ the repair shop.....but I used to have a big fascination with Jettas going back to the late 80s early 90s when my cousin was stationed at Ft. Hood and a lot of the army cats had them with the chrome and their name or something written on the the chrome plate...it was my mission to get one until I rode in one and saw how basic they were

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Also 3 owners already and facing 4 with only 60k miles?

Either something is wrong with the car which I kinda doubt but also likely OR after buying it they knew they fukked up and got rid of it.
Yeah, this is what I'm thinking, but I'll have to get a report done on the car in order to be sure.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Yeah, this is what I'm thinking, but I'll have to get a report done on the car in order to be sure.
Who cares what the report says, stay away from European cars period. Unless your rich and don’t care about money.

Even if the car just had one owner stay away.

My co worker bought a Jetta 3 months ago, it’s Only 3 years old and something went wrong with the ignition switch, I believe he paid over 300 dollars for it.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Never go wrong with civics....and I do see a lot of older VW Jettas...@ the repair shop.....but I used to have a big fascination with Jettas going back to the late 80s early 90s when my cousin was stationed at Ft. Hood and a lot of the army cats had them with the chrome and their name or something written on the the chrome plate...it was my mission to get one until I rode in one and saw how basic they were
Care to elaborate?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Touchè:mjlol:

Got my wings today:wow:
ESWS :ehh:

Congrats, I never got mines...

Oh and don’t get a German car with 3 owners and 60K miles. Mainly because German cars are harder to fix and will require you going to a dealership (most cars do these days though).

They’re nice cars though. So it’s on you. I would try to get it down if anything AND if you putting 5k down be careful for it not to be all of your savings

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love the 2011-present look of the Jetta. They look like baby Audi’s if you get a higher trim. You’ll be straight with it, yeah parts and repairs won’t be AS cheap as it would for a Civic, but at the end of the day it’s still a compact economy car, you’ll be fine. Just don’t get THAT particular one. 3 owners breh? :huhldup: I just know they beat the fukkkk outta it. Shop around for other good deals.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Breh I just saw your willing to put 5k down :snoop:

That’s WAY too much for a car that your paying for less then 10 k...

Don’t put shyt down, keep that money!!!!

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I had a 2012 Jetta. Good car. But... it’s German and little shyt costs more. To get more bang for your buck go Japan or Korean. Honda or Hyundai.

Plus no offense but after getting my Jetta I kinda regretted it even tho i liked it. It’s kinda a chick car. You rarely see grown ass men driving a Jetta

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I had a 2012 Jetta. Good car. But... it’s German and little shyt costs more. To get more bang for your buck go Japan or Korean. Honda or Hyundai.

Plus no offense but after getting my Jetta I kinda regretted it even tho i liked it. It’s kinda a chick car. You rarely see grown ass men driving a Jetta
Military brehs know their cars:mjlol:

I remember when me and my Air Force roommate tried to change the battery on his Volkswagen Jetta after he came back from deployment :why:

That shyt took HOURS :why: