Think I Was Born A Hipster..

i might have been born with a hipster mind..are you like that?

• I'm like that too..fukk popular opinion breh :smugfavre:

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No, I like what I like...don't tend to care about how popular something is :rudy:

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I'm not like that, but I understand why people want to stand out from the crowd so much :skip:

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Meh, youre not hipster. I bet my vinyl collection is way more obscure than yours bro :umad:

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • fair enough :ehh:, keep doing you son

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Honestly..you sound like a pretentious skinny jeans wearing fakkit, fukk you :pacspit:

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
So what does that make you now? If you say this character of yours is hipster before hipster and the popular thing now is being hipster then doesn't your natural character automatically cease being the character you claim to be?

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
So what does that make you now? If you say this character of yours is hipster before hipster and the popular thing now is being hipster then doesn't your natural character automatically cease being the character you claim to be?

negative.

what you don't seem to get is that this isn't a character. once the trendies move on to the next trend I will still be me. its all about separating the real from the false

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
Not liking something because it's popular is just as annoying and toolish as liking something because everyone else does. If I'm feeling something, I'm feeling it whether no one likes it or everyone likes it.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
You think if you dislike popular things it will make you seem more intelligent or smarter than the so called "brain dead masses". Which is just an act cuz I'm sure you like plenty of popular things that are deemed cool by our society. You probably enjoy popular movies but probably shyt on pop music cuz every one claims its bad....you just trying to hard be yourself

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i initially wrote a long post explaining my opinion on this. but i just want to say that not following trends doesn't make you better than others. people should stop worrying so much about if they're better than others. it's gonna sound corny but instead of trying to be better than the next man, just try to be better than the man you were yesterday. don't try so hard to go against the grain folks. and don't think it makes you better. these types of thoughts and attitudes have a tendency to turn you into an elitist douchebag.

bogey_j

Daps
You think if you dislike popular things it will make you seem more intelligent or smarter than the so called "brain dead masses". Which is just an act cuz I'm sure you like plenty of popular things that are deemed cool by our society. You probably enjoy popular movies but probably shyt on pop music cuz every one claims its bad....you just trying to hard be yourself

its not about appearing more intelligent per se, just about distancing myself from the majority. I've always had this aversion to things that are almost universally loved..like a feeling its no good. maybe I get some sort of satisfaction finding rare gems nobody else likes?

and I hate a lot of popular movies too. as an example, couldn't understand the hoopla around the avengers, and nolan's recent shytty films like the dark knight series and inception.

watched them like :scusthov:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not about appearing more intelligent per se, just about distancing myself from the majority. I've always had this aversion to things that are almost universally loved..like a feeling its no good. maybe I get some sort of satisfaction finding rare gems nobody else likes?

and I hate a lot of popular movies too. as an example, couldn't understand the hoopla around the avengers, and nolan's recent shytty films like the dark knight series and inception.

watched them like :scusthov:
hold up, you couldn't understand why people liked the Batman movies????

bogey_j

Daps
hold up, you couldn't understand why people liked the Batman movies????

couldn't understand why everyone sucked its dikk. they're in imbd top 250 movies ever. they're talked about as some of the greatest movies of all time

its disgusting :stopitslime:

Ginger

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
USA
I'm not a hipster but I can relate. I just like to be myself. I don't care if something is mainstream or not, if I like it then that is all that matters. I could never understand these people who go along with trends and change themselves just because its the popular thing to do. If I feel like wearing a pair of Skechers then that is what I am going to wear. I don't care about the people clowning me just because I'm not wearing Nikes or some other shoe.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
couldn't understand why everyone sucked its dikk. they're in imbd top 250 movies ever. they're talked about as some of the greatest movies of all time

its disgusting :stopitslime:
everyone sucked it's dikk because they took a more unconventional approach to an iconic character. people thought the movie felt fresh because it seemed more realistic than your typical comic book movie. and the same can be said about the joker. heath ledger's performance was pretty entertaining. add catchy one liners, cool cinematography and a decent plot and of course people are gonna like it.

saying you didn't like the movie is one thing. saying it was overrated is also debatable. but saying you don't understand why there's so much hype about the movie...in other words not understanding why most people would like The Dark Knight, it's hard to take your post serious to be honest.