FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I've mentioned this multiple times...

She first pulls up in Hamsterdam in a fancy car with a bunch of white friends, just looking to score drugs for a good time.

Next scene she appears is in Andre corner shop, she's now a prostitute/crack addict...showing her down fall since her first scene, selling p*ssy to get money for drugs.

Her next scene is right before bubs speech in season 5, she is now clean & back on the right track...

She's in 3/4 scenes at most but it tells a story it's self.

David Simon da gawd...:wow:
I noticed this first time I saw it, but still amazing writing by David Simon. He's so intricate.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Another 1 thats mentioned before....

Bodie died like a Pawn from the chess board...:mjcry:

He refuses to retreat (A pawn can't move backwards). Partlow and Snoop come at him diagonally, like bishops. When O-Dog steps out of the alley and shoots Bodie, he makes an L shape, like a knight.

When Bodie & Poot are given the task to kill Wallace, they take him out for lunch....Wallace is eating away, while Bodie & Poots food is hardly touched because they are sick to their stomach about the deed they going to commit.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't really fit the thread but still cool

Christopher Marlowe,[1] also known as Kit Marlowe (baptised 26 February 1564 – 30 May 1593), was an English playwright, poet and translator of the Elizabethan era. Marlowe was the foremost Elizabethan tragedian of his day.[2] He greatly influenced William Shakespeare, who was born in the same year as Marlowe and who rose to become the pre-eminent Elizabethan playwright after Marlowe's mysterious early death. Marlowe's plays are known for the use of blank verse and their overreaching protagonists.

Stratford-upon-Avon (/ˌstrætfərd əˌpɒn ˈeɪvən/) is a market town and civil parish in Warwickshire, England, on the River Avon, 101 miles (163 km) north west of London, 22 miles (35 km) south east of Birmingham, and 8 miles (13 km) south west of Warwick.[2] The estimated population in 2007 was 25,505,[3] increasing to 27,445 at the 2011 Census.

The town is a popular tourist destination owing to its status as birthplace of English playwright and poet William Shakespeare, and receives approximately 2.5 million visitors a year.[4] The Royal Shakespeare Companyresides in Stratford's Royal Shakespeare Theatre.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don’t think it took me multiple watches and I believe it’s a known thing but except for the ending montages there is no music unless it’s coming from a car or radio or something.

Kept it so raw for me once I realized that
This was the only scene that featured background music.. felt out of place but dope nonetheless

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
This was the only scene that featured background music.. felt out of place but dope nonetheless

Yeah season 1 had some things they never used again. Like the flashback after the witness was killed. David Simon said HBO forced them to do that and they hated it.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Food is featured a LOT in the series. But the only people you see eating home cooked meals/dinner table meals are law enforcement/lawyers/9-5 types. The drug dealers, fiends, and corner kids are shown eating a lot, but it's always takeout or junk food from the corner store. The exceptions are when they are invited to eat at a proper table by taxpayers, like Naymond when staying with Colvin or Bubbles when he is brought upstairs to have dinner with his sister or Stringer when he goes to have dinner with Donnette (which happens while he is trying to go legit.)

There is also the time Avon prepares ribs at a cookout type event, which makes sense because the Barksdales are a strong family, at least on the surface, so having dinner together and meeting the baby moms and children helps to reinforce their foundation and at least present the facade that they are united like a normal family.

Randy's foster mom makes home cooked meals and offers Carver some, which illustrates that Randy was living in a good home, but the one time we see Michael try to make a home cooked meal for his brother, you find out his mom sold the rice-a-roni for drugs. The one time we see Bubbles making hot dogs for dinner is when he is trying to make a home for Sherrod.

Home cooked meals at the dinner table are used in the series as a symbol of home stability and represents the American dream of living a normal, healthy, successful life. Herc finally feels like he has "made it" when he gets invited over for dinner by Levy to have his wife's brisket.

Last edited: