They just said it again on Hot97; Gkmc is the third hip hop album to ever win AOTY (+100 votes)

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Congrats to KDot if true

aAwD8gB.png

Smh @ drake stan's being mad

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nas never had the best anything except 94 and there was no rap album of the year award for 94?

You could argue the year Eminem Show won best rap album and Stillmatic wasnt even nominated he should have, unless you wanna count The Fix which also got the shaft

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Well at least I have a thread to refer to when you're accusing Nas fans of derailing jay threads.
What the fukk are you talking about? This is a Kendrick Lamar thread, the homie said Nas (I assume) had never won and I claimed the only year he had the album of the year was 94 (arguably over Big) when the grammy's were both shyt and didn't have any rap album of the year (I wouldn't be mad if anyone said 2012 either i forgot about that, excluding GKMC that)
The only one "derailing" this thread is you asking stupid ass completely irrelevant questions. We are talking about awards here, you are talking about where the fukk I rank Nas. :yawn:

You could argue the year Eminem Show won best rap album and Stillmatic wasnt even nominated he should have, unless you wanna count The Fix which also got the shaft
He should definitely have been nominated mad times, If I recall correct even Petey Pablo was nominated that year :dead:.
And he still moved over 2 million copies so there was no "missing", although it had far less love than TES, it was definitely better and sold a lot more than Petey Pablo.

The other time he should've been nominated was in 97, Untitled & HHID were both nominated, and I am as well.

Last edited: