They just said it again on Hot97; Gkmc is the third hip hop album to ever win AOTY (+100 votes)

Daps
That's all subject to your taste...

Give it a listen, when I first heard KDot I wasn't convinced, but my favorite rapper Lupe gave him the cosign calling him the next big thing, so I gave it a listen. First time I was like meh, he has a unique flow. Second time I started to pay more attention to the lyrics... by the third I was convinced this guy has talent

That means it's 3/5 at best.

Good music is good music. Doesn't matter if it's trap rap, UK soul like Lorde, or Chinese pop like gangnam style. Good music is good music.

But if it's 'subject to taste':camby:

I'll still skim through it one of these days though:ehh:

MINT

All Star
Daps
In reality Drake won that grammy for the short midget cac so :yeshrug:

Kendrick Minaj is an industry plant as well so I can see why the grammys gave him the award.

Drake was featured on the worst songand he gave him one of the least successful singles... just give up and don't be a fukking hipster. We all saw the 5/5 you gave to the album on inbternet websites such as RYM

don't be mad because that industry plant called drake didn't win, he didn't deserve it with that garbage album

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
Drake was featured on the worst songand he gave him one of the least successful singles... just give up and don't be a fukking hipster. We all saw the 5/5 you gave to the album on inbternet websites such as RYM

don't be mad because that industry plant called drake didn't win, he didn't deserve it with that garbage album
Drake had the best verse on the only good song of that album. I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote kendrick's verses :mjpls:

Funny that you call me a hipster because... well we'll just leave it at that

tumblr_inline_mjgj88jQP61qz4rgp.gif

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
That means it's 3/5 at best.

Good music is good music. Doesn't matter if it's trap rap, UK soul like Lorde, or Chinese pop like gangnam style. Good music is good music.

But if it's 'subject to taste':camby:

I'll still skim through it one of these days though:ehh:
What I'm saying is if you can listen to music with a unbiased state of mind then you're more or likely to enjoy it. GKMC is not some album compiled of Pro Tool sessions... it's quality music, from start to finish.

MINT

All Star
Daps
Drake had the best verse on the only good song of that album. I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote kendrick's verses :mjpls:

it is known that kendrick had the best verse on that song... and funny because it is also known that kendrick had the best verse on the whole take care.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Kendrick is the only real Hip Hop album that won AOTY if true
Dude's talented, but; this worries me...dude's been blasted all over, by Interscope, for the past 15 months.

He should be platinum & winning Grammy's.

clouddd

had cyphers with yeezy before his mouth wired
Daps
KDot won AOTY :gladbron: iirc only outkast and lauren did that

:wow: :wow:
I think missy did too

not a huge Kendrick fan, but gotta love seeing a pure rap album take home the biggest prize