They don’t make rom-coms or love movies like they used to. Why is that??

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Comic book movies happened. The focus shifted.

All the great comic book characters.
in print to film are all love stories.
Disney is just inept and has a complex built on patricide. From stealing kimba to make simba.

All rhe great cartoon characters that are goated. Are all in hof relationships.
Like character models of the best women ever.

Hawkeye & mockingbird = Westcoast avengers

Spidey & gwen
Spidey & Mary jane

Rick hunter & min Mei & Lisa Hayes = the goat had two females

Flint & lady Jaye = goat joe. That Halle berry exists as a star.
Simply because she is lady Jaye came to life

Link& zelda = coming of age cartoon where link was trying to smash all day...excuse me princess. Love that show and adore link and zelda. They even live together in totk.

He-man & tela

Flash Gordon & dale

Prince baron & ming's daughter

Princess bride

Man at arms & sorceress

Mario & princess

King randor & heman mama

Donald duck & daisy duck

Goofie & clarabell

Duke = cover girl after Scarlett cucks Duke for snake eyes

Batman & catwoman

Peter pan & Wendy

Mickey mouse & Minnie mouse

Popeye & olive oil: the Popeye song where olive skinnie ass.
sings about Popeye is hof greatness.

One of the greatest simple moments in cinema with a song.

rocky & goofie simple ass adrian.

Thing & Alicia masters : she was blind and loved thing dirty rocky drawers.

Xavier & lilandra

Black panther & storm

Cyclops & jean
Havoc & Polaris
Eric draven & Shelly

Keith from voltron & princess Alora = voltron

Even though I hate this particular character..as it undermined gi Joe's leadership dynamic and focus.
Falcon & jinx = gi joe

The first complex relationship of a generation of morality

Han solo & leia

Luke & mara jade

Daredevil & Electra

Reed & sue Richards = hall of fame marvel archetype

Dr strange & his woman

Tony & pepper = ironman

Prince charming & sleeping beauty = best prince character model in Disney's entire history

Starlord & gamorra

Cinderella & prince

Barbie & ken

If the main leader hero character does not have a girl.
fukk that goofie ass character.

He not no hero worth a cot damn.

Nor is their story.
or arc worth a cot damn.

Tired of rhis lame bullshyt characters they keep trying to make.

Give us a hero and his woman.

Or keep that bullshyt.

Urban fashion is not even relevent.

Without... Mickie swooning over Minnie.
Rockin a three stripe track suit.
on yo baby yo shirts.

Give us heroes and their girl.
or nobody wanna see that lame guy weirdo bullshyt.

Art Barr

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Past Lives might restore the feeling. Thanks :blessed:

just going to tell you this based on your posts and while we're in a rom com thread lol

in the lead up to June 2023, when the movie was relased, I ran into on average, one romantic interest from the past per month, so much that I made a list. First love, last love, dozen in between, So many coincidences. Like long shot run ins and chance encounters. Seeing each other on the street on the same corner. Then, I see Past Lives. The run ins stop. Then a few months later I meet someone in the most dramatic romantic way, like eyes catching and barely having to say anything, all in the eyes--- and have the hottest affair of my life. and her name is the same as the lead in Past Lives.

I know you can frame anything and connect it to movies, or Drakes songs, or astrology or whatever, but even writing that down, I just barely realized it's the same name.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
just going to tell you this based on your posts and while we're in a rom com thread lol

in the lead up to June 2023, when the movie was relased, I ran into on average, one romantic interest from the past per month, so much that I made a list. First love, last love, dozen in between, So many coincidences. Like long shot run ins and chance encounters. Seeing each other on the street on the same corner. Then, I see Past Lives. The run ins stop. Then a few months later I meet someone in the most dramatic romantic way, like eyes catching and barely having to say anything, all in the eyes--- and have the hottest affair of my life. and her name is the same as the lead in Past Lives.

I know you can frame anything and connect it to movies, or Drakes songs, or astrology or whatever, but even writing that down, I just barely realized it's the same name.
MCDHIFI_EC010-68f4b7e7a761497ea785e2d284dbf10c.jpg

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

Romance and love always wins 😭

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
all straight to streaming...comedy is damn near an auto flop at theaters now

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Streaming Killed It. Matt Damon explained it easily during his Hot Ones. Movies in the Theaters didn't need to solely rely on Theaters for money, if a film did bad, it had a 2nd Life on VHS/DVD in which it made the remaining money. Now movies rely on Theatres only for cash, which for Romantic Comedies is a death bell because those types rarely bring in cash at the box office but relied on DVD sales; like The Notebook.