These nikkas ruined Thundercats

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
All those 70s/80s cartoons were fukking trash. John K and Ralph Bakshi brought that real deal animation back to the mainstream after that dull era of 30-minute toy commercials. :wow:

This will definitely be better than the OG version. Like dude above said, even the TMNT we grew up with was :trash:.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
If it's anything like Teen Titans Go, it might actually be better than the OG series. :heh:

I know nostalgia is hard to get past, but when you go back and rewatch a lot of these 80s shows they're not actually as good as you remember.

When I was a kid I was like the biggest Ninja Turtles fan ever (even had the technodrome figure) but when I when back and watched the 80s cartoon as an adult it was :trash:.

Ban this man

:hhh:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The same nikkas who are complaining about this didnt support it

That's simply not true. The original time slot for Thundercats (2011) was the Friday Night Death Slot. It was well received upon it's debut and trended every night it aired. I know, because I was a weekly watcher and tweeted in real time about it.

The problem was that Cartoon Network regularly put the show on hiatus with no explanation much like they did Young Justice. At one point, the show wasn't on air for six months IIRC.

There's a lot of revisionist history being spread to give Roar legitimacy by people in the industry. I understand that it is small and many will work with each other at one point, but let's not sit here and tarnish what 2011 was; a fresh take on the series much like the recent Nickelodeon TMNT show which was better than the OG IMO.

What I don't like about the reboot and American animation in general, is that it is trending to this cheaply produced style of art. 11 minute episodes that are comedic in nature. This looks like OK K.O. which isn't a good thing.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All those 70s/80s cartoons were fukking trash. John K and Ralph Bakshi brought that real deal animation back to the mainstream after that dull era of 30-minute toy commercials. :wow:

This will definitely be better than the OG version. Like dude above said, even the TMNT we grew up with was :trash:.
:mjlol:
Even in the toy commerical era in the 80s, they still put out some piff episodes. The Real Ghostbusters is an underrated cartoon that has good animation and good storylines before Slimer took over.
Also Bakshi's animation is from the 70s and 80s

Last edited:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:
Even in the toy commerical era in the 80s, they still put out some piff episodes. The Real Ghostbusters is an underrated cartoon that has good animation and good storylines before Slimer took over.
Also Bakshi's animation is from the 70s and 80s
John K and Bakshi worked together in the 80s on Mighty Mouse, which led to bringing that real shyt back in the 90s. :ohlawd:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
What I don't like about the reboot and American animation in general, is that it is trending to this cheaply produced style of art. 11 minute episodes that are comedic in nature. This looks like OK K.O. which isn't a good thing.

I have the feeling that the fact that they can spit these out much cheaper than the 2011 remake is the real reason behind this. And if what they're doing is "controversial" they even get some free publicity that they wouldn't get with an original property.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
That's simply not true. The original time slot for Thundercats (2011) was the Friday Night Death Slot. It was well received upon it's debut and trended every night it aired. I know, because I was a weekly watcher and tweeted in real time about it.

The problem was that Cartoon Network regularly put the show on hiatus with no explanation much like they did Young Justice. At one point, the show wasn't on air for six months IIRC.

There's a lot of revisionist history being spread to give Roar legitimacy by people in the industry. I understand that it is small and many will work with each other at one point, but let's not sit here and tarnish what 2011 was; a fresh take on the series much like the recent Nickelodeon show which was better than the OG IMO.

STRAIGHT FACTS!!!

DAP + REP:salute: