These nikkas ruined Thundercats

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Even the OG show doesn't hold up. Music and character designs are great, but that's about it. It's not awful but it's nowhere close to He-Man, G.I. Joe or Transformers, IMO.
I remember rewatching thunder cats on Cartoon Network it wasn’t terrible but it didn’t hold up, keeping it real neither did transformers or G.I. joe.
They were all made for kids obviously but they were also not particularly well written. I can’t comment on he man because I haven’t watched since I was little but I doubt it was good either.
This however looks awful but who knows maybe it will be decent

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember rewatching thunder cats on Cartoon Network it wasn’t terrible but it didn’t hold up, keeping it real neither did transformers or G.I. joe.
They were all made for kids obviously but they were also not particularly well written. I can’t comment on he man because I haven’t watched since I was little but I doubt it was good either.
I still love G.I. Joe. I actually started watching the series over again a few days ago. :heh:

That and Batman: TAS are my two favorite animated shows of all time.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still love G.I. Joe. I actually started watching the series over again a few days ago. :heh:

That and Batman: TAS are my two favorite animated shows of all time.
Yeah I think GI Joe holds up for what it was. I found myself binge watching it when it was on Netflix.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
nikka the 2011 Thundercats was fukkin piff :what:

no, it wasnt. it looked dope and the pilot was good, but then the series starts and between tygra being the best thundercat ever from the writers, and lion-o not only never being able to retain lessons learned, but always being shyt on, that shyt fell apart quick. it was like an unfunny everybody hates chris. hell most of the best aspects of the show was the stuff in the past.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I thought the "arc" in the first couple of episodes actually holds up. It falls apart once it get episodic, but that's just they way cartoons were back then.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it's anything like Teen Titans Go, it might actually be better than the OG series. :heh:

I know nostalgia is hard to get past, but when you go back and rewatch a lot of these 80s shows they're not actually as good as you remember.

When I was a kid I was like the biggest Ninja Turtles fan ever (even had the technodrome figure) but when I when back and watched the 80s cartoon as an adult it was :trash:.
Wasn't lion-o like 12?
It was a bunch giant cats fighting a mummy.

They made it cool though