'There's a crisis in young American actors right now': Michael Douglas

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
He's right but you kinda have to be on social media to feel more in touch with your fans. Fan pages are created everyday but that's more for female centric television stars.

Aren't there more Canadians in Hollywood than Aussie's and Brits?

Nope.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
i dont give a fukk

i want more black actors
yeah there has been a "crisis" of a lack of black actors for over a decade now. Jamie Foxx was the last dude to really come into play and he ain't exactly a spring chicken. Anthony Mackie is a butler so he doesn't count. Other than that it's just African Brits like David oleyowo and chitewel I see fronting stuff and that's slim pickings

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:ohhh:I can't imagine a young white A list actor in this day and age doing a movie like american history X
Edward Norton came up similarly to his British counterparts. He went to college for acting then worked off broadway for some time refining his art. He got an Oscar nom for his first film role ever. I hate the Clint Eastwood, "get off my lawn", lane of claiming how different things are nowadays, but the mentality towards the craft seems a lot different than it used to be. I have a good number of friends who are aspiring actors and actresses and for each one who has been acting since high school and was part of every drama class/club/production in college there are three that want to be famous, look good, and just call themselves actors.

With that said, who gives a fukk where actors are coming from? If every role in every film is filled by a foreign actor/actress what is the negative outcome if the movies are good?

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what makes America great. Take the best from all over the globe. Studios don't give a fukk where the actors come from no different than Google giving a damn if their programmers come from Timbuktu.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Edward Norton came up similarly to his British counterparts. He went to college for acting then worked off broadway for some time refining his art. He got an Oscar nom for his first film role ever. I hate the Clint Eastwood, "get off my lawn", lane of claiming how different things are nowadays, but the mentality towards the craft seems a lot different than it used to be. I have a good number of friends who are aspiring actors and actresses and for each one who has been acting since high school and was part of every drama class/club/production in college there are three that want to be famous, look good, and just call themselves actors.

With that said, who gives a fukk where actors are coming from? If every role in every film is filled by a foreign actor/actress what is the negative outcome if the movies are good?
:ld: this American obviously does and I am sure others like him who do their homework probably do as well. For the longest time imagine going around with the belief you (as a murican) were "exceptional" well like in many other areas those days are over and this is another example of america becoming ever so weaker

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:ld: this American obviously does and I am sure others like him who do their homework probably do as well. For the longest time imagine going around with the belief you (as a murican) were "exceptional" well like in many other areas those days are over and this is another example of america becoming ever so weaker
If we didn't go around with the belief that we were exceptional because of where we came from and actually worked to be exceptional the Brits wouldn't be stunting on us:manny: That aside, this isn't some buy American made products situation. America loses nothing by having an influx of foreign talent. These movies are still being made here. The biggest movie stars in the world are still American. When foreign studios become more popular than domestic ones and foreign movies gross more than our blockbusters then there may be something to be concerned about

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Theater trained actors are all but dead in the US because studios only seem interested in finding the most charisma-lacking 'pretty boys' imaginable. Those dudes are the definition of wannabe-stars who have no idea about complexities of acting or ability to get out of their tiny comfort zone (in which they often falter too because they're so lacking).

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Average 20 something would rather just :manny: on social media