"There will be blood" is a must see

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
All jokes aside, I have never seen a descent into madness so naturally and subtly portrayed than in this movie. .
It was a master class in acting from Day-Lewis. I was also incredibly impressed with Paul Dano, and felt he should've at the very least been nominated for Best Supporting Actor.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
As much as I love this film and DDL’s performance, I feel like Johnny Depp should’ve won for Sweeney Todd that year. Y’all need to get up on that shyt :wow:

Daps
So a movie you've never seen figuratively looks like it has no replay value and is overhyped?

giphy.gif

Read a few of your posts and just now came to the realization of what was in your avi.

You damn fool.

643.jpg

=====

My favorite scene in the film. The look of disgust on Plainview's face. No words need to be spoken of the utter contempt he has for Eli. The contemplation he wears on his face after the train leaves.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
Never given out this many daps.

Yea agreed, best film for me of this shyt century

All the more impressive when i think back to how i didn't get PTA stans - his earlier shyt except for Hard 8 was inconsistently brilliant or cringe. Saw the trailer for TWBB, the cast, and was like "i hope you done it sir" and he did - also felt like it was his way of calling out how shyt Amerikka under Bush and the petrochemical industries had become at the time (and beyond)

DDL it's like you can see into that man's charred soul as the devil takes him, and clowns on the white evangelical bullshyt as gravy

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
What didnt you understand about it?

Who is Plainview? Does he represent the devil or is he just some kind of amoral, autistic archetype

People say that he's imagining the last scene, but I saw no evidence of that in the last scene

The ending line, what does that mean? Why doesn't his butler react to the murder scene?

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
The acting from DDL is amazing, and Danilo is great too.

Another PTA movie with amazing acting is The Master. The scene when PSH questions Phoenix and tells him not to blink is one of the best acted scenes I’ve ever seen.

Last edited: