Theory: Hip Hop Has Saved Black Men from Harsh Realities About Women

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
"Women ain't shyt" is even in the Bible:heh:

"Though I have searched repeatedly, I have not found what I was looking for. Only one out of a thousand men is virtuous, but not one woman!" Ecclesiastes 7:28
mase-gif.gif

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
"Women ain't shyt" is even in the Bible:heh:

"Though I have searched repeatedly, I have not found what I was looking for. Only one out of a thousand men is virtuous, but not one woman!" Ecclesiastes 7:28

White dudes don't read into all that though cause they think women are virtous and shyt cause they momma is White...and unless they momma is some alcoholic pill head...or tryna drown them in the tub....then it's all good...

Us Black men are more realistic...

Man I remember in Middle School...I had a homie from the NO pull me aside about a girl I was crushing on and he told me she wasn't shyt...we both in 7th grade....and I didn't listen and when I found out what he was talking about I was like...:mjcry:

And he legit hit me with...:manny:

White dudes don't have that...White men think women inherently good and virtuous and then they find out they ain't and it destroys them...

I've been hearing bytches ain't shyt since I was 12....from all different age groups of Black males...just as a general warning...or a general fact...

Even a Black woman will tell you bytches ain't shyt and you just be like...:gucci::yeshrug:

Warning Black American men about the perils of women is just in a our sexual and relationship culture...

Probably because of slavery and Jim Crow and street life....us dealing with women leads to death and destruction...:wow:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
ecclesiastes is not inspired but written as a wisdom book

folk who subscribe to it end up real miserable like its author
The presence of Ecclesiastes in the Bible is something of a puzzle, as the common themes of the Hebrew canon—a God who reveals and redeems, who elects and cares for a chosen people—are absent from it, which suggests that Kohelet had lost his faith in his old age. Understanding the book was a topic of the earliest recorded discussions (the hypothetical Council of Jamnia in the 1st century CE). One argument advanced at that time was that the name of Solomon carried enough authority to ensure its inclusion; however, other works which appeared with Solomon's name were excluded despite being more orthodox than Ecclesiastes.[34] Another was that the words of the epilogue, in which the reader is told to fear God and keep his commands, made it orthodox; but all later attempts to find anything in the rest of the book that would reflect this orthodoxy have failed. A modern suggestion treats the book as a dialogue in which different statements belong to different voices, with Kohelet himself answering and refuting unorthodox opinions, but there are no explicit markers for this in the book, as there are (for example) in the Book of Job.

Yet another suggestion is that Ecclesiastes is simply the most extreme example of a tradition of skepticism, but none of the proposed examples match Ecclesiastes for a sustained denial of faith and doubt in the goodness of God. Martin A. Shields, in his 2006 book The End of Wisdom: A Reappraisal of the Historical and Canonical Function of Ecclesiastes, summarized that "In short, we do not know why or how this book found its way into such esteemed company".[35]

people following doctrines of demons unawares

giphy.gif

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
70's and 80's R&B sold me a dream!!!!

I was on my way to being on the cover of Sensitive Brother monthly, then the ruffneck/thug era jumped off.

:mjcry:
Should've stayed true to you, cuz Drake/Cudi brought that back for a lil bit.