Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Matthew 25:41 ESV
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Matthew 25:46 ESV
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

2 Thessalonians 1:9 ESV
They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

Mark 9:48 ESV
‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

Jude 1:7 ESV
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 KJV
- Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Revelation 20:10 KJV
- And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

and so on.

I don't have much faith in the Bible, a book that even its staunchest advocates know to have been corrpted.

One day you and others like you will realize there is more to religion than the Bible. Hopefully it will aid in your understanding.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

noon

Pro
Daps
Yup, I also know that the sample size for the study was far too small to make any conclusions.​

Well however inconsequential you think the creationists are they're always lobbying to get creationism taught alongside/instead of science in the classroom, trying to get textbooks changed/thrown out and generally fukk up the youth. Along with the few crazy politicians and groups around. These people are everywhere. shyt even my boss is one. And I thought there were none in my area. Literally zero.

noon

Pro
Daps
I don't have much faith in the Bible, a book that even its staunchest advocates know to have been corrpted.

One day you and others like you will realize there is more to religion than the Bible. Hopefully it will aid in your understanding.

The point is, science is at odds with religion no matter what your own personal definition of religion is. I don't know what it is, but it seems to take all the evidence and knowledge that science provides and makes the leap into the god of the gaps fallacy.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
noon said:
Well however inconsequential you think the creationists are they're always lobbying to get creationism taught alongside/instead of science in the classroom, trying to get textbooks changed/thrown out and generally fukk up the youth. Along with the few crazy politicians and groups around. These people are everywhere. shyt even my boss is one. And I thought there were none in my area. Literally zero.

It isn't that I 'think' they're inconsequential. It's that they ARE inconsequential.

Out of ALL the 'religious' people that you know of, you only know ONE Creationist.

Think about that for a minute.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
noon said:
The point is, science is at odds with religion no matter what your own personal definition of religion is.

:comeon:

photo1-arno-penzias.jpg

“If there are a bunch of fruit trees, one can say that whoever created these fruit trees wanted some apples. In other words, by looking at the order in the world, we can infer purpose and from purpose we begin to get some knowledge of the Creator, the Planner of all this. This is, then, how I look at God. I look at God through the works of God’s hands and from those works imply intentions. From these intentions, I receive an impression of the Almighty.” (Penzias, as cited in ‘The God I Believe in’, Joshua O. Haberman - editor, New York, Maxwell Macmillan International, 1994, 184)

noon

Pro
Daps
It isn't that I 'think' they're inconsequential. It's that they ARE inconsequential.

Out of ALL the 'religious' people that you know of, you only know ONE Creationist.

Think about that for a minute.​

Yeah, because I'm in a Catholic area. And Catholics are on the side of evolution. And I only know one Evangelist. And that one Evangelist is a Creationist. And like I said, acknowledging all the creationists in the world, I assumed there were literally zero in my area.

I don't even know what your point about the Physics guy is. Religion is still at odds with science.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
The point is, science is at odds with religion no matter what your own personal definition of religion is. I don't know what it is, but it seems to take all the evidence and knowledge that science provides and makes the leap into the god of the gaps fallacy.

You see a watch. You examine all of its intricacies. The multiple gears in synchronized action. You study its parts and understand the function of each movement.

So is this a fallacy if you then give credit to the watchmaker?

How does you understanding how the watch works discredit its maker? Furthermore, how do your studies now pit the watchmaker against his own enginuity?

Your stance is a pretty illogical one. It's not a debate. You simply don't understand what you're speaking on. :yeshrug:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
You see a watch. You examine all of its intricacies. The multiple gears in synchronized action. You study its parts and understand the function of each movement.

So is this a fallacy if you then give credit to the watchmaker?

How does you understanding how the watch works discredit its maker? Furthermore, how do your studies now pit the watchmaker against his own enginuity?

Your stance is a pretty illogical one. It's not a debate. You simply don't understand what you're speaking on. :yeshrug:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmaker_analogy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmaker_analogy#Criticism