THEE TOP 100 YEARS BY A RAP ARTIST, SOLO........TOP 5!!!! TOP 5!!!!!

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you feel like Cam'ron had a better 2005 than 50 or Game

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Do you feel like Cam'ron had a better 2005 than Game

nah. game had the better year. hes on the list.
cam was being forced underground, while game was mega-mainstream, yet still getting heavy play with the same crowds that bumped Camron.

and its a shame cuz Camron prolly could've had a better year if the label got behind him instead of sabotaging his project.
this thread already brought back some bad memories. i was thinking about this earlier. worst of all, was the way they pushed camron's album back a whole year for no reason.
then he came out like the same day or a week apart from Ludacris, and was selling on par with him, til def jam stopped promoting him while continuing to push luda album all crazy.
so much stuff. its no coincidence that these were the last quality years of hip-hop. i saw it coming.

sorry for the rant. but yea, game had a monster year.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I know to me a duo with two rappers can be counted as a solo tho escpecially prodigy he had too many goat verses around that time with a bunch of great guest appearances:manny:

nah breh. that's a group. lol.

besides the 95 run wouldn't crack this list anyway.

its sitting pretty on the group list tho.

@mobbinfms

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
nah breh. that's a group. lol.

besides the 95 run wouldn't crack this list anyway.

its sitting pretty on the group list tho.

@mobbinfms
Quality wise prodigy in that time was a top 5 rapper prolly even number 1 regardless if it was group work. But yea that's just quality wise and mc wise there's so much other stuff in this list shyt to consider.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
50, he dominated from 2000-2007ish :yeshrug:
50 dominated 2000?
giphy.gif

FSP

Banned
Daps
these two are wildcards. I'm not sure where I'm placing them yet. i cant even get their top year down.

if a major part of the run bleeds into another year, i just mesh em together, like i did for 2010-2011 nicki minaj. sp yea, if nellyville gets the nod for nelly, that would be '02-03. i try to stay away from doing that tho.

i was leaning towards 2000 for nelly, cuz he had a bigger core rap following, plus country grammar sold more than nellyville on top of that, iirc.

yea its tough.

Eminem in '02 tho, had more of an urban presence via a huge movie full of dope battles, along with him riding off of 50 cent to get on street bangers & mixtapes.
That was 03 when I got involved so I say that year. Em was on a tear for 4 straight years murdering the underground & the mainstream