The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Loading times is what’s keeping u from a Xbox?

yes...I’ve never been interested in their exclusives...main reason I bought an xbox this gen for the first time is bcuz it was a better machine for playing 3rd party games and it also made for a great media center plus my hands fell in love w/ that controller immediately when I went to test it out @ best buy :ohlawd:

that being said if it’s not going to offer a better gaming experience as far as 3rd party games go then there’s literally no reason for me to buy one next gen

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
VG24/7: Developers making Xbox Series X games will learn to address PS5’s SSD advantage, says ex-Xbox lead

The wondrous thing here is that we've seen this exact same thing in the past, but people are still building castle in the sky ideas about what'll happen this time around. The PS3 on paper was quite a bit more powerful than the X360 - IF you chose to fully indulge in their hardware choices, use all the SPUs, etc. But there was a lot of cost and development time involved with that. So what did Third Party's do? They completely ignored the extra potential power the PS3 might have had and instead opted for developing the same game across multiple platforms: PC, X360, PS3 at the time.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'd love for the SSD speeds the PS5 will apparently have to be the standard for all devices, but that just won't be the case. So my guess is that we'll see the PS5 winning in terms of loading times and the X1SX usually featuring higher resolutions and / or better framerates. And then it's up to gamers to decide what's more important to them. But will third party devs significantly alter their games to fully make use of one particular hardware config? No, of course not. It's hard enough to design great levels as it is, the last thing you want as a developer is to now having to change content just because potentially on some hardware you could stream things in instead of showing a loading screen. The more realistic thing to have happen here is that most third party devs will still opt to show the loading screen, but it'll take 5 seconds for X1SX to load the next batch of content, whereas the PS5 only needs 3 seconds. That's it.

Head guy at Moon Studios, Ori creator.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
old vid but this the first time I seen a side by side comparison of the XSX vs the X1X

still undecided...tomorrow’s event should provide more clarity...knowing myself tho...despite the uncertainty I’ll probably end up buying both day one

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah it's true since when was engines suddenly a hot topic?
:martin:
Engines have always been a hot topic low key, but in this case every since UR5 demo dropped and people couldn't wait to play a game that used it, I'm sure once a few games drop using it the fanfare will ware off.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:martin:
Engines have always been a hot topic low key, but in this case every since UR5 demo dropped and people couldn't wait to play a game that used it, I'm sure once a few games drop using it the fanfare will ware off.
It was only a hot topic because of the various reasons posted when it was shown lol