The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
How PS5 And Xbox Series X Backward Compatibility Load Times Compare

A significant innovation in PS5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S is the inclusion of an internal NVMe SSD (solid-state drive). With the power of an SSD, the past console generation's painfully long load times will mostly be a thing of the past. While the drive will benefit all of these consoles' latest games, it will also improve load times for previous-generation games played via backward compatibility. Sony, Microsoft, and other third-party publishers are ever offering next-gen patches for certain games that further enhance their load times and performance. This is important for those looking to make the jump onto new consoles, as when the library of next-generation games runs dry, console owners will likely look to the past to ease the wait for new games.

So, if you're here, you're probably wondering how the load times compare on Sony's and Microsoft's machines for previous-generation games. As mentioned, backwards compatibility is a huge selling point this generation, so knowing which console pulls through with the fastest load times is essential for players, especially if you're still on the fence about which next-gen console you want to buy.

To help you get a sense of how PS5 and Xbox Series X load times compare, we ran tests on games with notably long boot-up times on previous-gen consoles. While Xbox Series S also has an SSD, we chose to do our load time comparison with the higher spec Xbox Series X to give you a better idea of how it stacks up against PS5. Below you can find tables detailing load times down to the millisecond, each recorded across both consoles to the best of our abilities. It's worth noting that our tests were run on the latest non-enhanced patches for each game, though we'll be sure to update this feature once next-gen performance-enhancing patches arrive for any of the games we've listed below.

For a visual take on how the load times compare in real-time, be sure to watch our video comparison in the player above. Otherwise, read our full thoughts on each console in our PS5 review and Xbox Series X review.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Batman: Arkham Knight (2015)
Tests were run using the latest patch version 1.14.

Test PS5 Internal SSD Xbox Series X Internal SSD
Launch to Menu 00:41:39 00:40:35
Menu to Save 00:17:30 00:11:68
Destiny 2

Destiny 2 (2017)
Load time tests were run using the latest patch version 1.59. However, it's worth noting that Destiny 2 will receive a next-gen patch in December that further improves load times and performance on PS5 and Xbox Series X.

Menu to Character Screen 00:50:14 00:34:26
Orbit to the Tower 00:46:58 00:37:27
Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy XV (2016)
Load time tests were run using the latest patch version 1.30.

Launch to Menu 00:39:06 00:33:12
Menu to Save 00:25:09 00:10:11
Monster Hunter World

Monster Hunter: World (2018)
Load time tests were run using the latest patch version 15.02.

Launch to Menu 00:31:39 00:23:17
Menu to Save 00:13:08 00:06:21
Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2 (2018)
Load time tests were run using the latest patch version 1.07.

Launch to Menu 00:30:16 00:26:24
Menu to Save 00:34:35 00:36:26
Lol.

This is hilarious.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Lol.

This is hilarious.
Because the SSD on the PS5 is amazing. Yet, much like many Xbox features, doesn't really move the ball away from the opposing console.

Every day new info comes out; brehs who tire themselves out burning troll torches look silly.

-----------

Side topic:
The more I hear about the PS5 controller, the more I hope it actually is utilized. The Xbox controller is damn near perfect and if Sony's controller success makes Xbox go back in the lab and add what is special about the haptic feedback...

I'm going to be hype.

Some Maury Show DNA results shyt.:skip:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yea don't expect Amazon to take they money til the very end, maybe even monday. They using top tier shipping I believe so its likely it'll be a once day process unless you live out in the boons or something

Yea I hope so. You in the 100s too right? It’s like 20 distribution centers in the burbs and NWI. Still it’s unsettling when you see other people getting more concrete info at this late stage :martin:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Yea I hope so. You in the 100s too right? It’s like 20 distribution centers in the burbs and NWI. Still it’s unsettling when you see other people getting more concrete info at this late stage :martin:
Yea but that's why I'm so confident...

The Harvey UPS seems to get shyt to our area in no time so Im confident