The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the deathblow is having my Ps4 and switch plugged into my XB1X to upscale both inferior systems while still carrying the load of native 4k on XB1X at the same time
881-C4-A0-B-9-B45-4348-A259-63-CE37570612.jpg

breath of the wild upscaled is :banderas:

lol...this is a flat out fukking lie...coming from someone who begged for the XSX to have an HDMI in port bcuz I like running my PS3/switch thru the X1X sheerly for convenience but there is no significant upscaling going on if any thru the HDMI in port lmaoooooooooo this is not debatable :hubie:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
lol...this is a flat out fukking lie...coming from someone who begged for the XSX to have an HDMI in port bcuz I like running my PS3/switch thru the X1X sheerly for convenience but there is no significant upscaling going on if any thru the HDMI in port lmaoooooooooo this is not debatable :hubie:

I can literally show you the difference, I posted the screenshot no? its hooked up right now

textures and shading are noticeably smoother. I begged for the HDMI in port too, you did say switch... but you also said PS3... I dont think you are getting much upscale there... most older hardware actually looks worse when you upscale it. If you plug a sega into 4k TV it looks terrible.

I dont know how you can say outputting in 4k is worse than just going normal 1080 for switch
you get .2 seconds of latency but it is barely noticeable, I stream and it's never been a factor... the only time I go raw without upscaling is when I play PS online in 2k or battlefield because zig zag cheese will have you moving left and right .2 second slow and its harder to recover. Other than that on single player games you cant even tell the difference. I'm able to play Ghost Of Tsushima upscaled and parry every attack normally. Just the Nintendo Switch homescreen alone is enough to tell the difference when you drop into it. Everything is smooth and sharp instead of jagged lines tearing on menus. The HDR and shading on breath of the wild looks super warm and deliberate now. Compared to how it looked borderlands 3ish before.

just to throw it out there, I've been playing Bloodbourne and still dont even have a problem with the .2 seconds of lag.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to have unrealistically high expectations for this game. I hope that choices are more nuanced than good or evil :francis:
I hope they go for broke and really explore the lore of the series.

It was always "lighthearted" with "dark humor" but personally, I'd like a fable that kept the dark humor, chucked
the "cute" stuff and added in some Elder Scrolls/Witcher/GoT type of material but with that fable flair (owning property, political
positions/factions, boasts etc.)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I hope they go for broke and really explore the lore of the series.

It was always "lighthearted" with "dark humor" but personally, I'd like a fable that kept the dark humor, chucked
the "cute" stuff and added in some Elder Scrolls/Witcher/GoT type of material but with that fable flair (owning property, political
positions/factions, boasts etc.)
That's kinda what I want too. There's a lot of lore and a lot of room to explore, so they should take advantage. I appreciate how accessible the games are, but I want them to increase the difficulty. I had some struggles in the original game but 2 and 3 were cakewalks (other than me not having enough money to save anyone at the end of 3 :skip: ). I think at the end of the day, the game needs to take itself more seriously.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont know how you can say outputting in 4k...

I’ll stop you right here...you don’t get 4K output using anything via the X1X HDMI in port lol...AGAIN this is not debatable :hubie:

and dunno why you’re bringing up lag...that’s irrelevant to my point and not my contention

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
fast travel in witcher 3 doesn't even have time to put a load screen asset up

This almost looks like the game itself couldn’t keep up with the console:russ:

Like that shyt said “damn I didn’t know you wanted the assets THAT fast! can I at least throw up the loading screen first!?:mjtf:

I recently got back into Fallout 4 again and started playing Monster Hunter World, both games with downright DISRESPECTFUL load times on the OG X1:picard:. I can’t wait to see both running at an easy 60fps while loading fast as shyt:banderas: