The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Lol they really trying. Felt like they didn’t even care last gen. Sony needs this comp tho. Sony is great single player games. But when Microsoft is in they bag they innovate on consoles in the online department

Co-sign to the bolded. That is what people are going to realize in due time. All of their actions this upcoming gen is going to cause a lot of people to give the :dwillhuh:because the first thought is probably going to be, why wasn't Microsoft like this from the beginning or during the 360 or XB1 gen. I and many others have always understood that their successes were in spite of themselves. They are ten toes down now. They have finally defeated and overcome their biggest enemy, themselves.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Co-sign to the bolded. That is what people are going to realize in due time. All of their actions this upcoming gen is going to cause a lot of people to give the :dwillhuh:because the first thought is probably going to be, why wasn't Microsoft like this from the beginning or during the 360 or XB1 gen. I and many others have always understood that their successes were in spite of themselves. They are ten toes down now. They have finally defeated and overcome their biggest enemy, themselves.
yes definitely bro. Even I think they went hard during 360 era even tho red ring of death was a huge stain, it was such a good console people didn’t care and kept buying more them.

Glad they got out they own way and gaining the good will the use to have. It’s gonna take a bit longer to catch up with Sony but people absolutely see and notice how they loving and the dedication they showing

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Microsoft needs to announce one or two new AAA games...a new IP or something! :damn: I’m fiending for some new info man
They could easily have this if they just had ONE...

Especially since there are rumors that Demon Souls is actually going to PS4 now (so not an exclusive).

Im still holding onto hope that they got something else up their sleeve. Aside from UI, It’s beating out pretty much everything else

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Xbox Series X unleashed: Our unrestricted preview

From what I've tested so far, the company has good reason to be confident about this quiet, efficient hardware. Unless I'm missing something huge—even Red Rings needed longer than 22 days to manifest—my hardware experience has so far been quite smooth. As a computing device, Xbox Series X may go down in history as one of the most remarkable machines ever made—as compared to other products in its era, power level, and price.

Halo would have been great but they didn't need it. The console can star on its own. When the games do come though, it will be an avalanche. Like I've been saying, the specs are the specs and they aren't changing. Looking at this from a pure hardware level, this is the GOAT console.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
One of the most hilarious twists in this whole console wars shyt is how the reveal of Series X has nikkas calling it gargantuan...

And now, it's pretty understood that this shyt can be palmed with one hand and is actually a relatively mid sized console considering the specs.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was weird that Microsoft handed me that compromise-filled preview (Dirt 5) as my first example of a Series X 120fps game. Didn't seem very show-of-force of them. A few days later, an updated build of 2019's Gears 5 landed on my Series X. This should've been my first taste of 120fps on Series X, I immediately thought.

The versus matchmaking suite can go all the way to the system's 120fps maximum all while running at 4K resolution. I immediately booted my PC version of the game and created dummy lobbies in order to create like-for-like comparisons to show you how a $500 console's 120fps mode compares to the same thing on a $1,500+ PC:
If you're struggling to notice any differences, you're not alone. What's crazier is, these crisp, detailed images full of handsome touches are appearing in isolation, as opposed to the dazzlingly smooth flipbook effect of running, somersaulting, and shotgunning at 120fps. Yet Xbox Series X doesn't sweat in rendering these frames at a blistering 8.33 millisecond threshold with barely any noticeable lurches in my hours of testing (and, again, with zero noticeable noise spewing out of the console at peak load). There's no getting around it: Series X is a fundamental game-changer in terms of console power, and Gears 5's buttery smooth 120fps toggle has me instantly excited at the prospect of other console-game developers following suit.

Nice if it's really 120fps at 4K.

If you don't have a 4K/120hz TV, you're missing out. That 120fps is the business. Gears(and other titles) feel and look ultra smooth. 60fps feels like 30fps to me now.

Last edited: