The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

drifter

Superstar
Daps
They got jokes

That's cool but why not already have them launched since you went first. Apple's been given the blueprint, announce shyt and put the order page up in 24-48 hours after the event. It's cheap and easy press, just let the sold out pages do the talking. Sony played it right, don't announce when, just put it up and watch the money pile.

That tweet, especially the timing of it, is basically saying "Hey so we know you're busy breaking Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Amazon to order our competitor product but if you couldn't order a PS5 don't forget about us next week!!!!!".

I know pre-orders can be cancelled at anytime, but there's not really an advantage to going second. You're giving Sony 5 days of free press and time to get all of the compulsive folks wallets they can get.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
That's cool but why not already have them launched since you went first. Apple's been given the blueprint, announce shyt and put the order page up in 24-48 hours after the event. It's cheap and easy press, just let the sold out pages do the talking. Sony played it right, don't announce when, just put it up and watch the money pile.

That tweet, especially the timing of it, is basically saying "Hey so we know you're busy breaking Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Amazon to order our competitor product but if you couldn't order a PS5 don't forget about us next week!!!!!".

I know pre-orders can be cancelled at anytime, but there's not really an advantage to going second. You're giving Sony 5 days of free press and time to get all of the compulsive folks wallets they can get.

This. From a consumer standpoint yea Sony is wild for going with a stealth drop. But business wise it makes all the sense in the world. It's sold out EVERYWHERE. That alone says it all.

Let's see if Microsoft does the same thing(Which i believe they will)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This is where I'm hoping uncle sam come crushing the buildings with that second stimulus check....

Will let america pay for my next gen shyt
Not gonna lie, if I can get and flip a bunch of systems, I might keep a PS5 just to have one. Play the handful of PS games I give a shyt about.

But I'd probably take the cash first :francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't have the money for that breh plus I'm not a hardcore gamer like that anymore. I gotta make a choice

boils down to whether or not you care about playstation exclusives

if you’ve played exclusive games that you like on the PS3 and/or PS4 then it’d make sense to get a PS5 which will offer exclusives that you’ll probably like plus the same 3rd party games on xbox

on the other hand if playstation exclusives haven’t been a big part of your gaming experience and you’re more interested in playing 3rd party games on a more powerful system (and maybe you might even be partial to xbox exclusives as well) then go with the XSX :yeshrug:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
boils down to whether or not you care about playstation exclusives

if you’ve played exclusive games that you like on the PS3 and/or PS4 then it’d make sense to get a PS5 which will offer exclusives that you’ll probably like plus the same 3rd party games on xbox

on the other hand if playstation exclusives haven’t been a big part of your gaming experience and you’re more interested in playing 3rd party games on a more powerful system (and maybe you might even be partial to xbox exclusives as well) then go with the XSX :yeshrug:
I haven't had a Playstation since ps2 but I used to love playing spiderman and god of War back in the day. Are the ps4 versions like that?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't had a Playstation since ps2 but I used to love playing spiderman and god of War back in the day. Are the ps4 versions like that?

I don’t think I played spider-man on PS2 but I did enjoy the latest one...I can’t fairly compare them tho...god of war changed direction on the PS4 from the days of PS2 as far as gameplay and a lot of ppl welcomed the change/loved it...idk...ya you really have a tough decision since you’ve missed basically 2 gens of gaming...whichever system you get you will have a shyt load of games to play/catch up on thanks to backwards compatibility and the subscription services both are now offering...with a next gen xbox I’d argue you’d probably get more games for less money...some of the exclusives playstation offers tho are classic GOTY material that are must-play status imo

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
XSS seems like a solid box but XSX is too good to pass up IMO.
In reality they're all solid. Each has an audience that it is targeting, while Series X is just taking on both PS5 models. People are going to have a good time with what they get irrespective of what fanboys on either side try to argue. Gaming fans won, stans lost.