The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

ElectroMan

Superstar
Daps
You gon digitally download the console :patrice:?
giphy.gif

ElectroMan

Superstar
Daps
Why's that? :patrice:Is that the only type of HD expansion this go-round? :lupe:

External HDs won't work on Series X/S games.:patrice:If we're talking 200-300 GB a game download on the next-gen....... Series S consoles can carry at most maybe 2 Series X/S games. Series X might be the better deal with the 1 TB SSD because the more I think about it 512 GB ain't gonna cut it. Just depends how much the 1 TB expansion card costs. 220 dollars is ridiculous. I can buy another console for that price.:patrice:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
External HDs won't work on Series X/S games.:patrice:If we're talking 200-300 GB a game download on the next-gen....... Series S consoles can carry at most maybe 2 Series X/S games. Series X might be the better deal with the 1 TB SSD because the more I think about it 512 GB ain't gonna cut it. Just depends how much the 1 TB expansion card costs. 220 dollars is ridiculous. I can buy another console for that price.:patrice:

Huh. I wonder if 3rd party HDs will drop later for it. Won't need too much space off rip since most of the games I want ain't out at launch. :martin:

If not, $220 for this bullshyt expansion it is. :upsetfavre:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Huh. I wonder if 3rd party HDs will drop later for it. Won't need too much space off rip since most of the games I want ain't out at launch. :martin:

If not, $220 for this bullshyt expansion it is. :upsetfavre:
Trust me they will, seagate just got that partnership deal but you’ll see off brand joints sooner or later.

but to clarify, you can only PLAY Xbox next gen games on a ssd, you can still use a hdd as cold storage to store your games and then just transfer whatever you’re currently playing to the internal ssd

And in that case you can buy 2tb off amazon that regularly be on sale for 40-50 bucks.

that’s should last the first year with this method

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
How does GameStop do their pre-orders if you want to do a trade-in?
Whatever they'll take for the console can go towards the preorder.

That's usually how I like to do it, trade in a console,then pay off the rest in installements with the last payment usually being on release day

YourMajesty

F*ck Ya Corny Debates
Daps
That finance option looking tempting af. Gives me the opportunity to grab both consoles day 1