The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nov 6 or 13th is what we are looking at for release dates I'm guessing for the XsX

EhTHJYEX0AM9Cj4

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
It is really weird having no release date, price, or concrete information from new console two months out from the projected lanuch date
Honestly they should be delayed until next fall. Absolutely no one is spending thousands on a new console purchase in the middle of a pandemic.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Honestly they should be delayed until next fall. Absolutely no one is spending thousands on a new console purchase in the middle of a pandemic.
If that's the case what difference would it make if it's released now then? The people that want to buy it can still do so and production can ramp up over time. I keep seeing it suggested that they should wait but I don't really see the damage a release in 2 months does. The consoles will still likely sell out and be in short supply.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the systems are a problem it's reason to purchase a system on launch that's the problem.

If it wasn't for the spiderman standalone at PS5 launch it would be completely nuts to picking one up to me, unless you strictly want it to play some games you play on ps4 with better loading times.

Getting an xbox is more reasonable because it enhances not just current gen but your entire library and out the gate it should give you an better experience with multi plat games and you know gamepass and all that.... blah blah blah.

But I think the big thing that xbox hasn't really pushed or spoke on yet is Xbox all access, if you can go to Bestbuy, target and walmart and get new systems fianced like you would a New phone then thats going to be a huge motivating factor for people to just get a xbox for like 29 bucks a month for 24 months that includes gamepass.

Can't really beat that.

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the systems are a problem it's reason to purchase a system on launch that's the problem.

If it wasn't for a spiderman standalone getting a PS5 at launch would be completely nuts to me, unless you strictly want it to play some games you play on ps4 with better loading times.

Getting an xbox is more reasonable because it enhances not just current gen but your entire library and out the gate it should give you an better experience with multi plat games and you know gamepass and all that.... blah blah blah.

But I think the big thing that xbox hasn't really pushed or spoke on yet is Xbox all access, if you can go to Bestbuy, target and walmart and get new systems fianced like you would a New phone then thats going to be a huge motivating factor for people to just get a xbox for like 29 bucks a month for 24 months that includes gamepass.

Can't really beat that.
I think the reason for getting one vs the other is even more simple than that. Are you and your main friend group already in the ecosystem or not? Before widespread online gaming I could see the argument for exclusives being the reason to buy one vs the other. These days I just don't think people care like that. You're going to play where your friends are playing.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the reason for getting one vs the other is even more simple than that. Are you and your main friend group already in the ecosystem or not? Before widespread online gaming I could see the argument for exclusives being the reason to buy one vs the other. These days I just don't think people care like that. You're going to play where your friends are playing.

Oh that's always been the main reason I agree, usually exclusive games are what determine pulling people into whatever ecosystem them and there friends played on.

I think it's a big part of a reason why "certain companies" aren't jumping for cross play.

Nowadays there's a bit more to consider than just exclusives though.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If it wasn't for the spiderman standalone at PS5 launch it would be completely nuts to picking one up to me, unless you strictly want it to play some games you play on ps4 with better loading times.

Can't really beat that.
:russ: