The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
This thing is pretty much a branded PC. Its not even a console anymore

All of it's exclusives are moving to PC. Besides the backwards compatibility and lack of openness, this is for all intents and purposes a PC
Yep. Pretty much.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
If this were Don Mattrack, I would take a grain of salt. This is Phil and this is his console. Seamus gave us the OG Xbox, J. Allard did well with the 360, Mattrick went corporate with the Xbox one and here we are. I trust Phil over all of them. See y'all in November, shyt will be amazing.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
not really. i just think a soccer mom will be looking at them shyts like :dwillhuh: and will go with the cheaper option.
i envision a whole bunch of lil timmys cussing their moms out on christmas day 2020
Nah I think consumers are more informed than they were 10-15 years ago.

People don't make +$300 purchases the same way they make nominal ones.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
the ones who hate it now are the ones who will be checking out the videos on youtube when it gets released for reviews - the negativity will still be there.

i'm lean towards team Sony for my next console pick up. i skipped the ps4 and nintendo switch generation.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Brother we only ONE generation away from these cats selling you a PC outright and calling it a xbox only cause it's ready out the box.

It's to the point that you're paying 5/600 dollars for these muthafukkas to install the shyt for you.

Its reasons like that that so many kids prefer to watch muthafukkas play video games instead of playing it themselvs.

That'll probably be the catch for the playstation 9 or someshyt

,"the system that plays it self". :mjlol:

You don't seem to be in touch with reality. Who tryna wait 2 years to play GTA, red dead, Madden etc on pc, if they come to pc at all.

Besides that a console is essentially a highly specialized streamlined computer anyway.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It was a problem for the Wii u. Alot of people thought it was a controller add on for the wii due to the name.
I mean, that’s pretty much what the Wii U was form the standpoint of most consumers.

Remember Wii made it to a sorta “pop culture icon” status. Grandmas who never had or will have interest in “gaming” bought those things. From their standpoint Wii U was a useless upgrade.

I don’t think Xbox is in the same situation right now. Beyond the name it will be a clear upgrade and potential customers are a lot more informed on what they want and what they are getting.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not really. i just think a soccer mom will be looking at them shyts like :dwillhuh: and will go with the cheaper option.
i envision a whole bunch of lil timmys cussing their moms out on christmas day 2020
We're talking about name confusion 11 months from launch. By time this thing is on shelves the One X's stock will probably be less than half of what it is now and the Series X will be prominently displayed and advertised as the new console.