The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S are the first consoles ever with gaming in Dolby Vision®

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I remember when @Rekkapryde and @Mowgli was like "Sony with the dts"

Now, they just making up tech that sounds good in theory but come on now. This what dolby does, Sony isn't a bigger player than Dolby my nikkaz :win:

Last week, we were told that PlayStation 5’s dedicated Tempest 3D audio could make in-game audio sound more realistic and true to life. In short, Sony implied it was superior to Dolby Atmos.

During the PS5 reveal event, lead system Architect Mark Cerny said that Dolby Atmos could only simulate sound for 32 objects in a 3D space. Sony’s tech, meanwhile, had the ability to support hundreds of simultaneous objects at one time, with rain drops being one example.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
Craig and dikk thumb nikka from grounded will look amazing

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Last week, we were told that PlayStation 5’s dedicated Tempest 3D audio could make in-game audio sound more realistic and true to life. In short, Sony implied it was superior to Dolby Atmos.

During the PS5 reveal event, lead system Architect Mark Cerny said that Dolby Atmos could only simulate sound for 32 objects in a 3D space. Sony’s tech, meanwhile, had the ability to support hundreds of simultaneous objects at one time, with rain drops being one example.

Xbox Series X silicon: the Hot Chips 2020 breakdown

The same goes for 3D audio, which has made me think a lot about marketing and presentation. Sony made a remarkable pitch for a revolution in 3D audio with PlayStation 5 with its Tempest Engine, talking about hundreds of audio sources accurately positioned in 3D space - yet Microsoft has essentially made the same pitch with its own hardware, which also has the HRTF support that the Tempest Engine has. Microsoft hasn't made any specific promises about mapping 3D audio to the individual's specific HRTF, but then again, Sony hasn't really told us how it plans to get that data for each player. I'll be interested to see how this all shakes out once the consoles are out and software is available.

Spatial Audio and the PS5

This week, we heard Mark Cerny, Lead System Architect on the PS5, talk about the system architecture on the new console and how it will shape the future of games.

No doubt, this is going to be a very exciting time for game developers and players alike, and we look forward to hearing what the future will bring in the way of spatial audio in new titles.

We wanted to take this opportunity to provide information about Dolby Atmos for console and PC games, as a lot of information was shared, and you may have some questions.

Starting with the most pressing question……….

Q- Is it true Dolby Atmos is capped at 32 objects?

No, that is incorrect. As a technology, Dolby Atmos can support hundreds of simultaneous objects.

That being said, we fall back on sage advice from developers of some of the first Atmos games: Objects are a fantastic tool, but restraint should be shown with respect to the number of objects active at any time. Too many objects in motion can create a confusing soundscape.

Developers have also told us that avoiding the horizontal "bed" for an all-object mix is an unnecessarily time-consuming and labor-intensive effort. So far, developers are creating next-generation mixes by blending bed audio and object audio. More is good, but more may not necessarily be "better."

Q- What do you think of Sony's mission to bring 3D audio to everyone?

Sony’s mission to bring 3D audio to everyone on PS5 is exciting, it reminds us of when we began the Dolby Atmos for games journey many years ago. There are now hundreds of millions of Dolby Atmos enabled products in the market, across several product categories (TV, AVR, soundbar, mobile phone, pc, game console, headsets). Dolby Atmos is also available at a wide range of prices – even as low as $15.

Q- Sony announced a deep focus on 3D audio. How does that impact Dolby?

We are thrilled that Sony is dedicated to using 3D audio in its new console. This can only be interpreted as a validation of the work we have done across all entertainment genres in implementing Dolby Atmos on the devices consumers use today. We will continue forward with our mission to ensure Dolby Atmos is supported as the standard in 3D audio on all endpoints.

Q- What is the impact of Sony's audio platform: Tempest 3D Audio Tech?

Similar to Microsoft's Windows Sonic Spatial Audio Platform, audio teams will rejoice that they have a powerful 3D audio platform to deliver their craft on PS5. We think this is a crucial milestone for game studios. We are excited to hear that Sony has committed to an evolution of its audio by establishing a bona-fide 3D audio platform for PS5. "Tempest" is not only a great name, but a great reference to one of our favorite arcade classics, as well.

Damn, we even lying about audio? Audio? That said, Sony has been at Dolby's head for years for some reason.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
rent free :wow:
I also remember your internet connection kept cutting off mid game during that time period. You was the first nikka I heard of to get cricket HOME internet :francis:
The company that’s in last place doesn’t need to brag about everything ? Like they do every other stupid feature they have ? You’re full of shyt.
nikka please

And if Microsoft would have announced the audio system ps5 has for their machine and we had gotten Dolby you would have said the same thing ...

Enough of you pretenders.

Board needs a purge :camby:
Bruh, you're lying because I did tell you about Microsoft's solution. They developed the same thing Sony and Dolby created. They just added Dolby as a bonus like a TV That supports Dolby and hdr10+/etc.
you stay lying and making up shyt....that's why you a joke on here :mjlol:

nobody takes you seriously b
No, you're the lying fraud who been exposed. Im a joke because I tell the truth or im a joke because I clearly am not a follower :ufdup: I'm c137 in this bytch, never forget it casual :camby:

You've already been disciplined and learnt up, you seem to forget Sony = Where lying is mandatory :facepalm:
But in case you skipped it? The headline should be enough...
Dolby Atmos Pushes Back Against Mark Cerny PS5 Audio Claims

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Bruh, you got a YouTube video of a guy speculating and "loosely" connecting dots that don't exist. Sony employed a former Dolby engineer to help create tempest is all that is about but he went full retard with it like if Microsoft would make such an announcement and it be a flat out lie. You really believe that? :usure: