The XBox One is Insulting to Gamers and Tech Enthusiats

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Now I've let the conference aftermath cool down for myself personally... I kind of figured that MS was just going to boast about more web streaming apps and hype up Kinect (they've been doing and prepping for this for the last 2 years now)... but after reading some things about the One's hardware and some things that MS is leaving out I've had enough and I have to make a post about it.

Xbox fans can come and defend this, because I really want to know how someone, anyone can possibly do such a thing.

I'll start off with this quote...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/microsoft-only-xbox-one-controllers-accessories-will-work-wit/
Joystiq said:
"Xbox One was designed from the ground up with entirely new technology to deliver a new generation of experiences for both games and entertainment For example, the Wireless Controller will connect to the console using high speed data transfer to enable higher fidelity headset audio and future controller add-on experiences that are not possible with Xbox 360 wireless technology. Additionally, the all-new Kinect sensor's ability to locate the wireless controller is dependent on new technology. In order for Xbox One to deliver robust, meaningful gaming scenarios for all users across all experiences, only Xbox One controllers and accessories will work with the new console."

:patrice:

Okay, so what MS is saying... is that in 2013 there was NO way to make your 360 headsets, controllers, keyboard pads compatible with the new console...

What!?

:wtf:

Initially, I was like WTF when I heard about the Kinect now being the default mic for the One... but then I thought, nah, MS will probably just allow people to use their Bluetooth devices/headsets with the console. That would make sense right? Since you know?... it's 2013 and the PS3 did this what? 7 years ago.

Then I see this and I had to point it out...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-playstation-4-specs-compared/
5k585d.jpg

As you can see by the pic... the damn thing doesn't even have a Bluetooth radio.

:snoop:

So not only is MS not allowing gamers to swap out their internal HDDs, they're not allowing gamers to user their current 360 headsets on the console (throw those Turtle Beaches in the bushes), they're still going to use AA batteries in their controllers, they're not going to even let people sync up any universal bluetooth headset to the device.

It all comes down to this company wanting money. Xbox Live forces you to pay a fee just to use an internet browser, Netflix, HBO Go, ESPN etc... they're doing the same with the hardware now. They're purposely omitting shyt to force YOU to buy more accessories.

How can anyone with common sense accept this? How can you nikkas defend this? It is blatantly obvious at this point that they are fukking you over on the hardware of this device. It's not just going to be weaker graphically, it's going to be gimped feature wise as they're trying to push Kinect on you for everything.

Xbox stans please come in here and explain to me why this doesn't bother you at all. PLEASE, I'm literally curious to see how you can justify MS going this route and just flat out nickling and diming you like this?

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I aint buying that shyt. And yes I can afford both. :comeon:

This generation proved that one console can satisfy all your needs and the PS3 did just that. Owned a 360 early on and sold it.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Bluetooth is garbage tech compared to WiFi direct the issue is? Its the equivalence to being mad about a 3.0 support instead of 2.0.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bluetooth is garbage tech compared to WiFi direct the issue is?

:heh:

You truly cannot be this fukking ignorant my nikka. But I guess there has to be some kind of way stans can justify this shyt.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
how many posts and threads do you need to make about the bluetooth question?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
how many posts and threads do you need to make about the bluetooth question?

Enough to get the point across.

I didn't know this until this morning. I'm sure I'm not the only person who didn't know that MS was doing this.

And this is more than just being about bluetooth. It's a collection of things that MS is doing with their console.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:rudy:That isn't the argument here, and you know it.

What's his arguement that 360 tech don't work with x1? Most Ps3 tech doesn't work with ps4 either. He needs to get a job:bryan: . Its been 8 Years since the 360 came out almost pathetic

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Now I've let the conference aftermath cool down for myself personally... I kind of figured that MS was just going to boast about more web streaming apps and hype up Kinect (they've been doing and prepping for this for the last 2 years now)... but after reading some things about the One's hardware and some things that MS is leaving out I've had enough and I have to make a post about it.

Xbox fans can come and defend this, because I really want to know how someone, anyone can possibly do such a thing.

I'll start off with this quote...

Microsoft: 'Only Xbox One controllers, accessories will work with the new console.' | Joystiq

Okay, so what MS is saying... is that in 2013 there was NO way to make your 360 headsets, controllers, keyboard pads compatible with the new console...

What!?

:wtf:

Initially, I was like WTF when I heard about the Kinect now being the default mic for the One... but then I thought, nah, MS will probably just allow people to use their Bluetooth devices/headsets with the console. That would make sense right? Since you know?... it's 2013 and the PS3 did this what? 7 years ago.

Then I see this and I had to point it out...

Xbox One and PlayStation 4 specs compared | Joystiq
5k585d.jpg

As you can see by the pic... the damn thing doesn't even have a Bluetooth radio.

:snoop:

So not only is MS not allowing gamers to swap out their internal HDDs, they're not allowing gamers to user their current 360 headsets on the console (throw those Turtle Beaches in the bushes), they're still going to use AA batteries in their controllers, they're not going to even let people sync up any universal bluetooth headset to the device.

It all comes down to this company wanting money. Xbox Live forces you to pay a fee just to use an internet browser, Netflix, HBO Go, ESPN etc... they're doing the same with the hardware now. They're purposely omitting shyt to force YOU to buy more accessories.

How can anyone with common sense accept this? How can you nikkas defend this? It is blatantly obvious at this point that they are fukking you over on the hardware of this device. It's not just going to be weaker graphically, it's going to be gimped feature wise as they're trying to push Kinect on you for everything.

Xbox stans please come in here and explain to me why this doesn't bother you at all. PLEASE, I'm literally curious to see how you can justify MS going this route and just flat out nickling and diming you like this?

Let help you out bruh. Disclaimer I'm not a fanboy of either console.

"Microsoft: 'Only Xbox One controllers, accessories will work with the new console.' | Joystiq

Okay, so what MS is saying... is that in 2013 there was NO way to make your 360 headsets, controllers, keyboard pads compatible with the new console..."

I'm sure licensed accessories will work, The cheap $5.99 chinese controllers wont work.

"Initially, I was like WTF when I heard about the Kinect now being the default mic for the One... but then I thought, nah, MS will probably just allow people to use their Bluetooth devices/headsets with the console. That would make sense right? Since you know?... it's 2013 and the PS3 did this what? 7 years ago."

You are making to big of a deal about Bluetooth. Ms will have headsets that will work with the controller as always. For Headsets designed for the 360 I'm sure a adopter will be made by somebody.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
GG one of those nikkas without a HDMI setup 2 probably :lolbron: