"The XBOX Controller is holding back gaming" @PS5 we need you to come Juelz

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Saw this video on my youtube, and, being a XBOT for the duration of the console's lifespan (I've owned every generation), I initially went to scoff at the idea. During GOAT BOX 360 days, the controller was unfukkwitable. It was fire, the layout, the triggers, just overall fire. Well Microsoft mustve agreed, because the controller was the exact same the following generation. I mean if it aint broke dont fix it, right? Right....but 15 years and two generations later, the controller is STILL the exact same except trigger vibrations and a cotdamn share button.

With my recent acquisition of a Meta Quest 2, everything I once known about the XBOX brand is transitioning like a dude in heels, pause. I used to think Microsoft had or will have gaming sewed up, but nah. Their power, like it's always been since inception, lies in it's software. Windows and Gamepass is GOATs and dominate their lanes, but they need to gone head fold up out the console race. I've threatened to leave last gen, but this gen is really it. I've been pricing out PCs and will probably be selling my consoles (still have my One X too) to alleviate some of the heavy financial burden that comes with high-end gaming. These nikkas just ain't it.

One more thing, as an Android user im perfectly fine with going against the grain to support a superior product. Android shyts all over iOs fukk whatchu heard even though the iPhone dominates America. But in the case of Sony/Nintendo vs Xbox, not only do they dominate in sales, it's obviously for good reason.

All this from a youtube short about a controller :pachaha:my mind be everywhere. but what yall think? XBOX controller went from the best ever made to old and boring in 15 years.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I just don’t understand how it still doesn’t have gyro support, even nintendo has gyro support in their cheap ass controllers
This.

And the durability is fukkING criminal.

The elite 2 feels so good when it is functioning but Microsoft needs another class action suit against them and Phil Spencer getting punched in his jaw for allowing a "luxury" accessory to be such a piece of shyt, cheap hardware

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ok, I watched the video because you know in the Coli we like to comment on threads without watching the video.

The video is bullshyt. First off, how can a platform that’s been in third place the last two gens be holding back the entire industry? Developers cater to where the market share is and that’s with Sony. The reasoning given is stupid. Little incentive to take advantage of features because it’s not offered on Xbox? They are in third place! If the majority of gamers are on Playstation, taking advantage of a feature makes that platform more attractive, and the other guy has to react to compete. That’s how we have the shyt we do now. Microsoft and Sony have bit off each other when a feature on one platform hit it off (Games for Gold? PlayStation Plus tiers?)

Second, Sony had its first controller innovation in a LONG ass time with the Dualsense. The controllers for PS1-3 were more or less the same, with one feature here or there in each iteration. The PS4’s controller has the trackpad, but even then, the controller is largely the same from the other 3. That’s why they called it the DualShock 1-4.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ok, I watched the video because you know in the Coli we like to comment on threads without watching the video.

The video is bullshyt. First off, how can a platform that’s been in third place the last two gens be holding back the entire industry? Developers cater to where the market share is and that’s with Sony. The reasoning given is stupid. Little incentive to take advantage of features because it’s not offered on Xbox? They are in third place! If the majority of gamers are on Playstation, taking advantage of a feature makes that platform more attractive, and the other guy has to react to compete. That’s how we have the shyt we do now. Microsoft and Sony have bit off each other when a feature on one platform hit it off (Games for Gold? PlayStation Plus tiers?)

Second, Sony had its first controller innovation in a LONG ass time with the Dualsense. The controllers for PS1-3 were more or less the same, with one feature here or there in each iteration. The PS4’s controller has the trackpad, but even then, the controller is largely the same from the other 3. That’s why they called it the DualShock 1-4.

Yeah, but you gotta give a lot of credit to sony for implementing the dual analog, thats probably been the biggest game changer as far as how we play games today. It completely changed how games were even made, eliminating the need for fixed cameras.

Nintendo did start it but the singular analog stick was still pretty limited and they carried that design philosophy until the Wii

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Sony stans :mjlol:
Meachthemonster be like: "Sony Stans"
20220923133005.jpg

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This.

And the durability is fukkING criminal.

The elite 2 feels so good when it is functioning but Microsoft needs another class action suit against them and Phil Spencer getting punched in his jaw for allowing a "luxury" accessory to be such a piece of shyt, cheap hardware
Prime JR Smith ass controller, one day it’s a superstar, one day I wanna throw that mf out the window. The backpaddles are a game changer for saving those stick presses, and their LS/dpad layout is better imo. But my goddamn RB is a seasonal employee, and the A button shows up when it feels like it.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, but you gotta give a lot of credit to sony for implementing the dual analog, thats probably been the biggest game changer as far as how we play games today. It completely changed how games were even made, eliminating the need for fixed cameras.

Nintendo did start it but the singular analog stick was still pretty limited and they carried that design philosophy until the Wii

Yes, I will give them credit for the DualShock 1….but that was introduced in 1997 when Clinton was president and people still played with Pogz. The DualSense is the first controller in a long time where they added innovative features so the guy in the video is full of shyt when he says Sony has innovated their controller every gen.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Prime JR Smith ass controller, one day it’s a superstar, one day I wanna throw that mf out the window. The backpaddles are a game changer for saving those stick presses, and their LS/dpad layout is better imo. But my goddamn RB is a seasonal employee, and the A button shows up when it feels like it.

huh-jr-smith.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I guess cross generation didn't hold up so now it's on to the next thing.

At least I can play it longer than 8 hours without needing more power.

I been doing some long gaming sessions and honestly, 8+ hours is a long ass time to sit down and play a game these days. By the time one of my controllers start dying im pretty much ready to call it a day