The Wood(1999)

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Who can't relate to this movie? I mean all the scenes when they were teens hit home man.. I'm not from Inglewood tho.. My nikka Mike risked it all for the poom poom tho.. I remember being on the edge of my seat when Stacy and his chick came in that room:picard:
Man that nikka would've been killed if he was caught lol. You know how we are about our little sisters! nikka got his ass kicker for touching her booty.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And just think...we went from these to Tyler Perry being the face of our culture withinthe same decade

All I can say is that I'm glad that I was in my 20s when all of this came out and at a time when it was important for young blacks to see this types of images and castings :to:
Tyler Perry has made stronger Black characters and movies than anyone though. Whether or not you think the shyt is good is another story.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
This era of black films were all classics.

The Wood
The Best Man
Love & Basketball
Two Can Play That Game
The Brothers

:blessed:

I rocked with the Best Man, even though to me the premise of the movie was :patrice: .... So you gon tell me this niigga writes a book about himself and his peoples and their mutual experiences, especially where he knocks down his mans girl, and he's like "I'ma just change the names, niiggas will never know" :lolbron:, and then he's shocked when everything goes sideways? I enjoyed it nonetheless... Terence Howard's character had me crying

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
My name is Mike
I'm from Winston-Salem, North Carolina
and I like sports and that's it

wood_rev_175x267.jpg

grizmo.png

wood-600x449.jpg

underrated film for sure
should be in the top 5 coming of age films

Classic and very underrated.