The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
would you say this game is like an open world god of war? @Steezy @hex @Luke Cage @Dorian Breh
Combat mechanics are nowhere near god of war level. This is more an open world version of Dragon Age or Mass Effect. Narrative driven with dialog options determining the outcome of every scenario. but story is very immersive.

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
would you say this game is like an open world god of war? @Steezy @hex @Luke Cage @Dorian Breh

nah..the combat gets better when you level up but combat is not the highlight of the game tho you do get to whippin alot of ass. Story and how the world all ties together, living life as a real witcher is the focus.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

No.

"God Of War" is heavily combat based, and not really open world. You can go where ever you want but it's within the confines of moving the story forward.

"The Witcher 3" has combat which is....ok....but the main draw is the world and the story.

The world is fukking huge and one of the best in gaming history. In terms of design and finding things to do.

The writing is legit some of the best in a game ever, and a few of the side quests have writing as good if not better than a high quality TV show or movie. There is real consequences to bad decisions, think of "Mass Effect" on steroids.

"The Bloody Baron" quest line comes to mind. shyt blew my mind, honestly.

It's gonna sound like a generic advertisement for the game.....but "The Witcher 3" is an experience.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Jblaze204

One thing I'd say, when you play it do the 1st DLC ("Hearts Of Stone") whenever your level allows you, I think 30 or so.

Do the 2nd DLC ("Blood And Wine") after the main story is finished.

You don't have to but the 2nd DLC is kinda like a vacation (well, as much as a vacation can be for a guy that hunts monsters for a living) and certain scenes/dialogue is different if you've already beaten the game.

The end of the DLC especially feels a lot different if you play it after the main story.

Fred.

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
@Jblaze204

One thing I'd say, when you play it do the 1st DLC ("Hearts Of Stone") whenever your level allows you, I think 30 or so.

Do the 2nd DLC ("Blood And Wine") after the main story is finished.

You don't have to but the 2nd DLC is kinda like a vacation (well, as much as a vacation can be for a guy that hunts monsters for a living) and certain scenes/dialogue is different if you've already beaten the game.

The end of the DLC especially feels a lot different if you play it after the main story.

Fred.
Got ya.. this game is next after i finish up tomb raider

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
No.

"God Of War" is heavily combat based, and not really open world. You can go where ever you want but it's within the confines of moving the story forward.

"The Witcher 3" has combat which is....ok....but the main draw is the world and the story.

The world is fukking huge and one of the best in gaming history. In terms of design and finding things to do.

The writing is legit some of the best in a game ever, and a few of the side quests have writing as good if not better than a high quality TV show or movie. There is real consequences to bad decisions, think of "Mass Effect" on steroids.

"The Bloody Baron" quest line comes to mind. shyt blew my mind, honestly.

It's gonna sound like a generic advertisement for the game.....but "The Witcher 3" is an experience.

Fred.
God of War PS4 is open world

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I just want to get dope gear and get strong but this game won’t let me be great:wow: :sadcam:

For dope gear, it depends how far in you are, as for being strong? I use an alchemy build that is ridiculously OP , lvl 50 and up. Early game I just invest in cat skills till I respec later.

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
For dope gear, it depends how far in you are, as for being strong? I use an alchemy build that is ridiculously OP , lvl 50 and up. Early game I just invest in cat skills till I respec later.
I’m just finishing up Red Baron quest. I did all the leg work for the cat armor for it to tell me I’m not ready lol. I’ve done side quests but there’s plenty to do out of the main quest line. I have a moon blade and temerian armor