The Wire: I've always felt Brianna Barksdale was more despicable than De' Londa Brice

Daps
The other thing to remember is that as fukked up as Brianna was, it was very clear that she loved her son. She was really hurt when he cut her off and when he died.

D'Londa literally gave her son away. That's the ultimate shytty mom move.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Namond clearly wasn’t built for it and his mom just kept pushing him, his mom should’ve peeped how soft he was

D did what he had for most of his life he just broke at the end, I don’t see namond ever getting to where D was

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Remember when McNulty dropped that Ether on her when she went to see him about his suicide could've actually been a murder

McNulty: I'm sorry i bothered his girl & I'm sorry she bothered you

Brianna: Why go to her? Why not come to me first!

McNulty: Honestly....i was looking for somebody who cared about the kid

:picard:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Why? Cause she told her son not to snitch and bring down the entire family organization and put people in jail for a shorter sentence :mjlol:?
She knew better which is why Deangelo got killed just cause someone thought he might snitch..
No way was Brianna as bad as Weebay wife lol she didn't even care when he told her to let the son go with Colvin. All she cares about was whether she was gonna get cut off or not.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The way I see it (and I could be wrong), but Brianna was worse.

Both mothers were "using" their sons, but Brianna's was more sinister. D'Angelo was a pawn to his own mother. She was fully indoctrinated in the game, and to her it was more than money. That's what all the "family" stuff was about with her. He was a pawn on the Barksdale chessboard and she was moving him (or urging him on how to move) for all of their benefit.

Namond's mother used her son, but she viewed him as more of a piggy bank than anything. On the surface that might seem worse, but it isn't. When she was trying to get money out of his father and other hustlers, she used him, so when that didn't work, she told him to go sell, but if a talent scout came around and said I'm looking to start a rap group and I wanna sign your son, she woulda done that. Same with ball, same with anything.

If D'Angelo was a lawyer, his mother would make him defend the fam. If he was a doctor, his mother would make him pull bullets outta soldiers. Whatever he did, wherever he did it, he woulda had to do it on behalf of the Barksdale clan.

Namond was a piggy bank, and whatever he did his mother was gonna bleed him, because she just wanted money.

D'Angelo, regardless of what he wanted or what he tried, was going to be pushed into the game, because his mother believed in the streets.

To me, that's way more sinister.
i think they both never knew their sons.. deep inside, a mother wants to believe the best in her son.. and for both of them, the best, TO THEM, was the drug game

the problem was, both kids was more than that.. both kids could have got out the game, was smart enough to get out the game, and dreamed of getting out the game. and both mothers couldn't see passed the game

i don't think either had any malice intent.. like "yea fukk you son.. i 'm gonna jam you up so i can live.. knowing you ain't built for it." they really believed that their sons was hard out here. or trying to make them believe that. the same way a father would do, but daddy wasn't there, so they doing what a lot of single moms do... go extra hard, trying to play daddy. while a real father... a weebay... would look in his sons eyes, realize he ain't that guy, and tell him go be a doctor or something

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
The other thing to remember is that as fukked up as Brianna was, it was very clear that she loved her son. She was really hurt when he cut her off and when he died.

D'Londa literally gave her son away. That's the ultimate shytty mom move.
i think adoption is ultimate great mom move... i see terrible moms everyday, broke and angry and not making any moves, corrupting the childs life from a young age... that i just WISH, would say "maybe another family could actually love this child and do right"

Daps
i think adoption is ultimate great mom move... i see terrible moms everyday, broke and angry and not making any moves, corrupting the childs life from a young age... that i just WISH, would say "maybe another family could actually love this child and do right"

But that's not why D'Londa gave him away :comeon:

She gave Namond away cuz Weebay told her too. Weebay was the ultimate dad in that moment, D'Londa wasn't shyt, as always. :stopitslime:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
But that's not why D'Londa gave him away :comeon:

She gave Namond away cuz Weebay told her too. Weebay was the ultimate dad in that moment, D'Londa wasn't shyt, as always. :stopitslime:
nah breh don't move those goalposts now

you said she was a shytty mom for giving her son up... while praising d's mom for loving and caring once her son died... you got it all backwards. d's mom, holding on to him, not letting him make his own choices, and riding him right into a grace, was the worst mom move. she put her herself and her money, above the life and well being of her son. he could be in cali somewhere, living a good life with a family.. instead he was gonna do 20... but instead of all that, he was dead

naymond's mom was on her way to being Brianna. yes weebay was the one to tell her to do it.. but at the end of the day, she sacrificed her wishes, because her son would be better off.... if not for weebay, she would be brianna... and naymond would be dead long before.. but if she really didn't want to hear weebay, the nikka was in jail, and she's a woman... she was gonna win the fight... she chose to give up and give him up for HIS future..

again... no matter why.... the ends justify the means... and we'd later see Naymond living that good life and reaching his full potential... not dead or raised on the game

Daps
nah breh don't move those goalposts now

you said she was a shytty mom for giving her son up... while praising d's mom for loving and caring once her son died... you got it all backwards. d's mom, holding on to him, not letting him make his own choices, and riding him right into a grace, was the worst mom move. she put her herself and her money, above the life and well being of her son. he could be in cali somewhere, living a good life with a family.. instead he was gonna do 20... but instead of all that, he was dead

naymond's mom was on her way to being Brianna. yes weebay was the one to tell her to do it.. but at the end of the day, she sacrificed her wishes, because her son would be better off.... if not for weebay, she would be brianna... and naymond would be dead long before.. but if she really didn't want to hear weebay, the nikka was in jail, and she's a woman... she was gonna win the fight... she chose to give up and give him up for HIS future..

again... no matter why.... the ends justify the means... and we'd later see Naymond living that good life and reaching his full potential... not dead or raised on the game

Nah, the why definitely matters. The why is what defines one's heart allowing us to make a judgement on their character.

Are you seriously trying to argue that her giving up her son because she knows someone else would do a better gives her the same moral character as if she gives up her solely because her alpha male (I hate that I used the term, but can't think of a better one:snoop:) demanded she did do it?:gucci:

Put another way, killing you because you're trying to kill me doesn't make me the same person as someone who kills you trying to rob you who is different from the person who kills you for fun. The ends are the same one each scenario: you're dead. But the character of the killer is obviously different with each.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brianna was making enough from that life that D never had to be in the game.

Brianna had enough to put D through school and keep him away from that shiit

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Brianna was worse. She was written to be more intelligent than DeLonda yet she still pushed her only son into selling drugs. And like someone else said, D would never be able to escape his family or his last name. His uncle was the Big Meech of Baltimore. DeLonda was despicable too but her character was a moron so I didn’t have high expectations from her. Brianna knew better. Also all Namond had to do was move elsewhere. He didn’t have a whole family involved in a drug enterprise. Just his dad. He could escape easier than D’Angelo could.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Lets not forget about Michael's mother knowing Bug's daddy molested Michael and Bug and she let him back in the house with no questions asked :scust:
Was it ever aknowledged he did that? I know he told chris and snoop that but i assumed it was cause he knew they would def do the job for him with that information.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yall are wrong

She was trying to look out for D

The one the you don’t want to be labeled as in Baltimore is a snitch

Its either do that 20 or snitch and get yourself and potentially some family members killed

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Brianna was making enough from that life that D never had to be in the game.

Brianna had enough to put D through school and keep him away from that shiit
D was a grown ass man

She didn’t force him into the game like Naymonds mom did