The Wii U Thread

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
For essentially $100 I could not pass it up. I have been wanting to play more of Mario Maker and that alone made it worth it for me.

Donkey Kong and Mario Kart are on my radar.

If you like WRPGs then get Xenoblade (technical it's a JRPG but plays like a WRPG)
If you like high action Devil May Cry games then get Bayonetta
You like multiplayer platformers that you can player with your friends then get Mario 3D World
Mario Kart is very fun (even if you're not into racing game)
Splatoon is very fun (even if you don't like shooting games)
There's also Smash Bros (but personally I'm not into it)

If you like Mario Maker then you'll probably like Minecraft or whatever it's called.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
If you like WRPGs then get Xenoblade (technical it's a JRPG but plays like a WRPG)
If you like high action Devil May Cry games then get Bayonetta
You like multiplayer platformers that you can player with your friends then get Mario 3D World
Mario Kart is very fun (even if you're not into racing game)
Splatoon is very fun (even if you don't like shooting games)
There's also Smash Bros (but personally I'm not into it)

If you like Mario Maker then you'll probably like Minecraft or whatever it's called.
Yeah Mario World is most likely a cop. Bayonetta is supposedly piff. I have heard good things about Splatoon as well.

Smash Bros is not even a consideration. I have never liked that series.

heh @ minecraft. I only like Mario Maker to play the different levels, I don't have the patience to build out some elaborate shyt like that in a game anymore.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Yeah Mario World is most likely a cop. Bayonetta is supposedly piff. I have heard good things about Splatoon as well.

Smash Bros is not even a consideration. I have never liked that series.

heh @ minecraft. I only like Mario Maker to play the different levels, I don't have the patience to build out some elaborate shyt like that in a game anymore.

Odd that you've never played Splatoon. I remembered in the other thread I said I had more fun with Splatoon than with CoD/Battlefield and you were dismissive of that.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Finally got to try xenoblade, I liked the world but the combat seemed so awkward to me. I might go back to it but I was definitely disappointed.

Same with star fox.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
WiiU is honestly a better system then the ps4 and Xbox One

Been playing a lot of Mario Kart 8, Zelda, and Mario Maker

About to cop splatoon also
I'm not saying the Wii U doesn't have some good games but it'll go down as my least played system and the worst system purchase I ever made. I seldom use and have probably booted it less than 20 times from launch to now.

Creepn

All Star
Daps
Yes you can. Plug in headphones to controller, turn vol on controller up. Turn down tv volume
If I'm not mistaken, with Donkey Kong, if you play on tv mode, the gamepad functions shuts off. It's just a blank black screen. I'll give it a try again.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
I was going to make another thread about this but I'm thinking about getting a Wii U for my almost 5 year old son.

I hear the Wii U had a good selection for kids but I'm also hesitant to introduce him to gaming at this early of an age.

What are some games I should look into/research?

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I was going to make another thread about this but I'm thinking about getting a Wii U for my almost 5 year old son.

I hear the Wii U had a good selection for kids but I'm also hesitant to introduce him to gaming at this early of an age.

What are some games I should look into/research?
Got nieces, age 8/6....they been playing my wii u since age 3/5, and have always loved mario kart 8, DK (tho its hard for them, gotta help em out) mario 3d is their fav game tho. Also the new super mario wii u is great...plus u got a whole backlog of games from the WII to get.