The Weeknd: The Official Thread

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Eh...to all you saying that he's a studio singer, is that a big problem when you examine him as an artist?

I mean I agree, I knew it from the first live video I saw of him, but it just doesn't really affect my assessment of him as an artist. As a performer, sure. But as an artist? It's like you don't value the ability to use the studio as an instrument as much as you value natural talent. Studio manipulation can seriously make or break someone, and is much harder than a lot of people and critics make it seem to get it right.

More props should be given to Abel, Doc McKinney and Illangelo for getting the sound and atmosphere of the records to right in the studio (If that's possible), because not many artists or groups succeed at that.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is he coming to California?

Btw he will miss doc McKinney more than jeremy rose

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what's the problem between him and doc?

Don't think there's any beef just heard doc wasn't working with him anymore. Don't think he worked on eos

Maybe by the time they start recording an album and the producers will actually get paid things will be different

Unlike these other guys docs already an established producer too

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
Yeah he was in Hollywood last night and doing another show tonight he doesn't really sing well nor preform well he let's the audience sing for him...:yeshrug: R