The Weeknd: The Official Thread

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Abel and his people finally got this shyt figured out, and its possible he could drop an extremely solid album. He has basically updated his 'trilogy sound' with more accessible production, and the writing is much sharper and more direct. This does not mean Weeknd is selling out, he's becoming a better artist and a more pop one at that - something he always tinkered with and I think he is a strong enough artist to experiment across these lines and remain genuine. I'd prefer Weeknd become a new age Michael or Prince (not to directly compare) than a Miguel (whose album is superb btw).

His rise is pretty fuking amazing as its been nothing but hustle, clever business moves (50 shades, Arianna, Max Martin) and talent

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Song bird of our generation breh :blessed:Closest thing we have to Michael...

Imagine if Thriller came out in our lifetime tho....:ohhh:
Ma nikka i grew up with this dude went elementry/middle school and some high school before he dropped out. He had mediocre singing talents thanks to justin some white boy who made the weeknd so dark before abel was just your typical usher/jeremiah

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Ma nikka i grew up with this dude went elementry/middle school and some high school before he dropped out. He had mediocre singing talents thanks to justin some white boy who made the weeknd so dark before abel was just your typical usher/jeremiah

Are you talking about Jeremy rose?