The Weeknd: The Official Thread

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
Barely heard "Earned It" when i went to go see 50 shades last week, came home and download some of his shyt:wow:

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Professor Polo

80s Baby
Daps
whats some of his better work? I have House of Balloons...it was okay, didnt really do it for me but "Often" and "King of The Fall" were dope as fukk

jaypool

Rookie
Daps
whats some of his better work? I have House of Balloons...it was okay, didnt really do it for me but "Often" and "King of The Fall" were dope as fukk
If you like King of the Fall you should give these tracks a listen.

House of Balloons / Glass Table Girls
Kiss Land (Single)
XO / The Host
Initiation
Coming Down (different than the songs posted above, but one of my favorites songs of all time)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Weeknds team/management and Universal have done a great job with him.

First they get him on the hunger games soundtrack to open up a new "pop" mainstream lane just a little.

Then they follow that up by dropping two singles that directly appeal to his core fan base in often and king of the fall.

After that they go full pop dropping a song with arianna grande to get his name out there more.

And then the GENIUS move of putting him as the lead artist on the 50 shades of grey soundtrack. Earned it is the biggest song of his career.

Pepper that with constant touring and making frequent appearances on award shows and talk shows.

Hes on the verge on REALLY breaking through.

I expect they will let earned it breathe for a couple months then drop the lead single for his next album.

If he drops an undeniable first single, its a wrap.

Theyve set abel up tremendously well. Its damn impressive the way theyve built him up while maintaining his core fan base.

Now he just needs to knock that shyt out :wow:

XO till we overdose

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
:mindblown:

its crazy people are still discovering the Weekend
well, he doesn't do interview and doesn't put himself out there like that. The music speaks for itself.

He needs to drop the cdq version of mood music, so he can capitalize off of Earned It success though. Still got 2 more months before the track hit it's peak.