The Weeknd: The Official Thread

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
It's not just creep music though...there's a lot of depth in most of it, something like 'Wicked Games', has the lines throughout reflecting it's a confidence thing, and lack there of, that keeps him in the strip club, doing drugs, cheating, etc.

'Montreal' is another one, where it seems like he's talking about a girl who could have been someone special, but some fault of hers ended it, 'Outside' too, there's no love between him and the women he's with, she's hung up on her ex, and he's just there for the sex, but the depravity and sexual manipulation go beyond just being a creep or a player. That's why I fukk with, cuz really, I can't relate to being either of those, but I can relate to the emotions, and the complex and sordid nature of relationships and sex.

That said, 'Til Dawn' is....just fukking ill.

Of course, it's clear he had a bytch totally fukk up his connection with women and he's a really sad, sad man. He needs constant validation from women. I could go on but I was trying to show the coli members that on the surface the weeknd is the dude they all claim to be.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Of course, it's clear he had a bytch totally fukk up his connection with women and he's a really sad, sad man. He needs constant validation from women. I could go on but I was trying to show the coli members that on the surface the weeknd is the dude they all claim to be.

Yeah. Agreed, I wasn't trying to correct you, just elaborate a little. The Weeknd is so good, you want to force him on people, I have friends, I just want to sit them down, like 'youre going to listen to this, just shut up'. A lot of people, guys, really, don't fukk with r&b at all, which is weird to me, I listen to Weeknd before I go out, as easy as I listen to Jeezy, or anyone.

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
Honestly not really feeling Twenty Eight that much :shaq2:
U serious?

gTZ5i.gif

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
Yeah. Agreed, I wasn't trying to correct you, just elaborate a little. The Weeknd is so good, you want to force him on people, I have friends, I just want to sit them down, like 'youre going to listen to this, just shut up'. A lot of people, guys, really, don't fukk with r&b at all, which is weird to me, I listen to Weeknd before I go out, as easy as I listen to Jeezy, or anyone.

Nah it wasn't even like that I knew you weren't. Yeah he has a lot of subtexts and little hints that the songs and his persona are much more evil and depressing than they seem. He's a classic Lothario archetype actually...if you don't know look it up.

Yeah I get amped up to go out to the weeknd occasionally as well, especially if I'm gunna be taking lots of white people drugs with beautiful white women who do anything for drugs.

I've been pretty good lately but I had to cop a couple roxi 30s a bar and some kush for this...hadda do it to em, suggest it to all my fellow brehs.

"poppin again...i tried to quit again"

HALLOWEEN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
http://i32.tinypic.com/ejvi9e.gif

:russ: thats me right there lol.. ill even have a song playing when im picking some one up....

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Wait so the Wicked Games he released as a single is different than the actual album version that he kept the same other than just remastering it? Thank fukking god