The Weeknd: The Official Thread

Daps
Can't wait. Ain't listening to no leaks...so when it drops I can

iCGnKV1IDHu47.gif

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
Can someone explain to me why anyone WOULDN'T like the weeknd, especially the coli brehs...his whole schtick is creep life fukk bytches and kick them out after you nut and/or pass her off to the rest of the homies. He's literally an anti-simp anti-drake type. I get it if you don't like the music but i hardly hear, "oh nah the music isn't there." It's always, "oh duke is a p*ssy wimp always crying"...nah

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Twenty Eight & Valerie are both dope, don't really understand why hes releasing the only new tracks from the Trilogy before it drops though

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Can someone explain to me why anyone WOULDN'T like the weeknd, especially the coli brehs...his whole schtick is creep life fukk bytches and kick them out after you nut and/or pass her off to the rest of the homies. He's literally an anti-simp anti-drake type. I get it if you don't like the music but i hardly hear, "oh nah the music isn't there." It's always, "oh duke is a p*ssy wimp always crying"...nah

Totally agree. But it's funny cause when I hear him, I think, man.. with his voice, would be nice if he did some actual simp tracks :laugh:
Tough to get a girl in the mood when the background is about poppin pills and fukking strippers :laff:
Either way his shyt is flames. Can't stop playing Enemy. :dj2:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's not just creep music though...there's a lot of depth in most of it, something like 'Wicked Games', has the lines throughout reflecting it's a confidence thing, and lack there of, that keeps him in the strip club, doing drugs, cheating, etc.

'Montreal' is another one, where it seems like he's talking about a girl who could have been someone special, but some fault of hers ended it, 'Outside' too, there's no love between him and the women he's with, she's hung up on her ex, and he's just there for the sex, but the depravity and sexual manipulation go beyond just being a creep or a player. That's why I fukk with, cuz really, I can't relate to being either of those, but I can relate to the emotions, and the complex and sordid nature of relationships and sex.

That said, 'Til Dawn' is....just fukking ill.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Totally agree. But it's funny cause when I hear him, I think, man.. with his voice, would be nice if he did some actual simp tracks :laugh:
Tough to get a girl in the mood when the background is about poppin pills and fukking strippers :laff:
Either way his shyt is flames. Can't stop playing Enemy. :dj2:

:beli: