The Wayans Bros. show actually got better as the seasons went on

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
so question brehs

what were Wayan Brehs doing back then that people considered "c00ning" when it came to their show?

Back in the day, anytime the characters weren't in college or a doctor or a lawyer, and if some the characters were loud or doing something dumb it was called c00ning by a segment of people.

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
I always had those 90's comedies in this order

1)Martin
2) Fresh Prince
3) Wayans Bros
4) Jamie Foxx Show
5) Steve Harvey Show

Never really ranked Living Single, Family Matters or A Different World but those 5 were my favs growin up.

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Funny cause I started watching the show and I'm almost at the end of season 2. It does get better when they replace Lou the security guard with Dee; T.C. is hilarious, too

i remember they were on some podcast and they said the first season was trash because they didnt have creative control that season so it mostly written by cacs
Yeah it was pretty bad. The only decent eps were "Pops Moves In" and "Pulp Marlon"

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
OP is on point. The first season was mediocre. I've seen worse shows, but it felt too much like an average sitcom. Marlon wasn't even that funny.

Season two was better, but it still wasn't there yet. I don't think the show really started finding itself until near the end of the second season. Plus, the recurring characters (White Mike, Lou, Monique, that Jamaican guy) were all :scust:.

Seasons 3-4 were the peak. Most of the classic episodes were during that time. The less restrained Marlon was, the funnier he was. Plus, you can tell Marlon and Shawn were gaining more control because the comedy felt more unique. They weren't just doing standard sitcom jokes.

Season 5 wasn't the best season, but it was still really good. "The High Life" was shyt because they took it seriously when it should have been a parody. Honestly, the show only had one more season left. It wasn't going past 2000, and if it did, the last season would have been shorter like with Jamie Foxx and Steve Harvey. :yeshrug:

That's almost always the case. Later Fresh Prince episodes are light years ahead of earlier episodes. I think Martin is the only show that was good and stayed good from the jump.

Fresh Prince was consistently good. Season six was a little weak, but it was the last season so they were coasting.

Most shows start out really good or decent, but then they fall off. Wayans Bros. was an exception in that when it ended, it was undeniably better than it was when it started.