The Wayans Bros. show actually got better as the seasons went on

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
so question brehs

what were Wayan Brehs doing back then that people considered "c00ning" when it came to their show?

I never heard that. I just remember a lot of people saying the show was just “corny” growing up. Which wasn’t the case imo. Maybe it was just the times. I think a lot of people just watched the first two seasons and just wrote it off.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
First seasons the worst
At John Witherspoon's funeral Shawn said he was about to quit because of how the show was being run in the beginning, but Pops told him to stick it out and not let them them whiteys make him fumble the bag. Glad to see he was right and things got better. But yeah it's a shame they cut it down in it's prime

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
so question brehs

what were Wayan Brehs doing back then that people considered "c00ning" when it came to their show?
People weren't even throwing that word around like that back then, so I don't even recall that being a complaint really. I guess some people had a problem with Marlon's over the top physical comedy, but Martin was doing the same thing. I worked with a dude from Zimbabwe that didn't like Martin because of that:russ:

The only thing I could see being considering c00ning today would be when Marlon became an actor and had a character named 'Lucious' played on this fake Friends sitcom. That character was the definition of a c00n, but it cracked me up:yeshrug:
The J.O.B. Malt liquor episode would probably have a lot of people crying about it if came out in today's climate too:stopitslime:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i remember they were on some podcast and they said the first season was trash because they didnt have creative control that season so it mostly written by cacs

as far as the c00ning - I never felt they were c00ning even if you watch now they actually point out was marlon was doing with (JOB liqour) and tried to school him/audience on why that was some bullshyt :russ:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
i remember they were on some podcast and they said the first season was trash because they didnt have creative control that season so it mostly written by cacs

as far as the c00ning - I never felt they were c00ning even if you watch now they actually point out was marlon was doing with (JOB liqour) and tried to school him/audience on why that was some bullshyt :russ:

That first season was just bad. Glad they were able to get that creative control.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think people forgot that there were some satirical and social commentary gems dropped here and there on the Wayans Bro’s. It is just Marlon’s over the top antics and some characters that were pretty much props for jokes and it aired on WB just had folks in hindsight looking back at it unfavorably.

I still enjoy watching it in syndication :lolbron: