the way biggie took hip hop to another level and elevated it, is truly beyond belief

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Big definitely did take rap to a different level & made other artists want to raise their game. He might not have revolutionized rap while living like Rakim did but it goes back to my post in this thread where people started looking at what he accomplished in his 3 years in the game

I do not remember this at all. I was 18 in 1994.

I remember he was well respected....but he was just another MC in an era where a gang of greats were in their prime.

And hell, some of the praise he was getting in real time was not accepted....like the KONY Source cover....which is partially why Ghost/Rae were shytting on him. They felt like he was over rated.

Not to mention there was an entire subset of rappers shytting on that flossy/player shyt BIG was doing. Jeru, De La, Roots, BCC, etc.

Now, after he died....all that shyt went out the window. Suddenly everyone loved him. Which is to be expected but I personally never seen him acknowldged as some kind of game-changer when he was alive.

Fred.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I do not remember this at all. I was 18 in 1994.

I remember he was well respected....but he was just another MC in an era where a gang of greats were in their prime.

And hell, some of the praise he was getting in real time was not accepted....like the KONY Source cover....which is partially why Ghost/Rae were shytting on him. They felt like he was over rated.

Not to mention there was an entire subset of rappers shytting on that flossy/player shyt BIG was doing. Jeru, De La, Roots, BCC, etc.

Now, after he died....all that shyt went out the window. Suddenly everyone loved him. Which is to be expected but I personally never seen him acknowldged as some kind of game-changer when he was alive.

Fred.

I remember this too but his detractors weren't that many in the grand scheme of things. He got a lot of love real time. The "hate" he was getting was moreso crabs in a barrel jealously from rappers in a very competitive era. Those Mad rapper skits were definitely for those dude's that felt a certain way about this success (not just Pac lol).

The fact that Big could walk that line pretty flawlessly, still be street & rise that quickly & successfully made them feel a certain way. To the point where a lot of these same dudes tried to copy him & the model he laid out

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I remember this too but his detractors weren't that many in the grand scheme of things. He got a lot of love real time. The "hate" he was getting was moreso crabs in a barrel jealously from rappers in a very competitive era. Those Mad rapper skits were definitely for those dude's that felt a certain way about this success (not just Pac lol).

The fact that Big could walk that line pretty flawlessly, still be street & rise that quickly & successfully made them feel a certain way. To the point where a lot of these same dudes tried to copy him & the model he laid out

Nah he got a gang of love in real time. I'm more so talking about the hyperbole after he died. Which has happened for every rapper or hell, even celebrities in general.
There wasn't one guy in the early/mid 90's where people were like :ohhh: "he's really elevating the art form" or whatever the thread is talking about. If you sit and really think about all the albums that came out in that time frame, the concept is ridiculous.

Fred.

Mtt

Superstar
Daps
Big even created Thot rap :francis:
Imagine him ghostwriting in this era of rapping hoes he ultimately fathered with Lil Kim:lupe:
damn never thought of that.

to be fair puffy did give biggie game cause he worked for uptown mca records and as an intern worked with rap/r&b artists like Heavy Dee who was a big dude that can dress and was smooth except he wasnt hardcore but the unique package of biggie not by industry mainstream standards eye candy to the females puffy help him go to that directon while being street.
i notice puffy worked with foks if that probably would have been overlooked by other ceo's like GDEP , black rob, etc...

i tried looking for the clothing line with the B initial i think Brooklyn Miint but hard to fine. should be a collectors items for sure.

crazy how some pac fans literally hate biggie taking things personally were even talking about grown folks.
whats wrong finding appreciation of both artists so why must folks need to always choose one or the other
?:yeshrug:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Big even created Thot rap :francis:
Imagine him ghostwriting in this era of rapping hoes he ultimately fathered with Lil Kim:lupe:

One thing I got no problem with admitting about Megan is that she’s got bars...Imagine if BIG was around to ghostwrite for her :ohlawd:

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
biggie probably wouldn't even be doing music now
he'd probably be working on other stuff
him and 2pac are two artists who seem like they would've moved on from the music and started working on other things they were interested in
I agree...but he would have un-retired like Jordan wit the wiz:mjcry:
BIG on a Dilla beat :banderas::mjcry:

Act-or needs chiropractor for cracked jaw..effortless flow:wow: Both gone to soon but there impact on music lives 4ever

Even on a damn commercial, he ate this shyt up :scust::scust:

GOAT :blessed:

cc4bb579004d8ea5bb05c671296f082a.jpg

:whew:
damn never thought of that.

to be fair puffy did give biggie game cause he worked for uptown mca records and as an intern worked with rap/r&b artists like Heavy Dee who was a big dude that can dress and was smooth except he wasnt hardcore but the unique package of biggie not by industry mainstream standards eye candy to the females puffy help him go to that directon while being street.
i notice puffy worked with foks if that probably would have been overlooked by other ceo's like GDEP , black rob, etc...

i tried looking for the clothing line with the B initial i think Brooklyn Miint but hard to fine. should be a collectors items for sure.

crazy how some pac fans literally hate biggie taking things personally were even talking about grown folks.
whats wrong finding appreciation of both artists so why must folks need to always choose one or the other
?:yeshrug:
Alot of fugazi shyt out there but you can find Authentic Brooklyn mint shirts if you look around, harder to find new unused gear but you can luck up..just make sure to purchase through paypal to protect from fraud..

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will say this, Biggie set the template for New York radio hip-hop, and arguably the formula for hip-hop albums on in the Tri State for then on out.
I'm a biggie Stan but he stole his album formula from pac. So what are you really saying here?

Anyway

I agree with op. I was listening to this and the bars is fukkin wild bro just wild.
Army fatigues bring fatigue, to enemies, look man
You wanna see me locked up, shot up
Moms crouched up over the casket, screamin' "b*stard!"
Cryin', know my friends is lyin'
Y'all know who killed him, filled him with the lugers from they Rugers
Or they Desert, dyin' ain't the shyt, but it's pleasant
Kinda quiet, watch my nikkas bring the riot
Givin' cats the opposite of diets
You gain thirty pounds when you die no lie, lazy eye
I was high when they hit me, took a few cats with me
shyt, I need the company (uh-huh)

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Pac stans stinking up threads as usual :scust:

I lowkey think they have an inferiority complex, if Pac was nice like that (which he was) then they shouldn’t feel the hard-on urge to invade every Biggie thread they see like a harem of schoolgirls :heh: shyt’s real live pathetic lol