the way biggie took hip hop to another level and elevated it, is truly beyond belief

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Big even created Thot rap :francis:
Imagine him ghostwriting in this era of rapping hoes he ultimately fathered with Lil Kim:lupe:

biggie probably wouldn't even be doing music now
he'd probably be working on other stuff
him and 2pac are two artists who seem like they would've moved on from the music and started working on other things they were interested in

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Beat selection, concepts, the death gimmick, pieces of the flow and his overall vibe.
:mjlol:
Delusional stanleys. What beat selection? Pac ain't the first rapper to speak on death/depression, neither was he the rapper that made it popular.
:mjlol: pieces of his flow and overall vibe? man I'm done, I swear u faggits be saying shyt just to be saying shyt.

Talk about how pac was a KRS/Cube/Face clone den come holla at me:mjgrin:

Talk to me about how Ballerina P started out as a Conscious rapper then switched his style up and became a fake gang banger to move dem units, cementing himself as a sell out/fraud:mjgrin:

darryl

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:
Delusional stanleys. What beat selection? Pac ain't the first rapper to speak on death/depression, neither was he the rapper that made it popular.
:mjlol: pieces of his flow and overall vibe? man I'm done, I swear u faggits be saying shyt just to be saying shyt.

Talk about how pac was a KRS/Cube/Face clone den come holla at me:mjgrin:

Talk to me about how Ballerina P started out as a Conscious rapper then switched his style up and became a fake gang banger to move dem units, cementing himself as a sell out/fraud:mjgrin:
Damn get that hate off ya chest playa lol

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Damn get that hate off ya chest playa lol
When u nikkas gon talk about Pac being a cut and paste rapper that jacked the styles of other greats? :mjgrin:

When y'all gon talk about his quasi-homo swag, nose ring, leather corsets, dozens of suspect pics floating around the net? Janet Jackson didn't even wanna hug the nikka unless he was wearing condom :mjgrin:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
dude just had so much talent as a songwriter, lyricist, emcee, artist etc
he was truly a master with the wordplay and story telling
bruh had all the best beats to rhyme over too

Definitely the goat bro for what you said

If you compare his first 3 years (94-97) with other artists first 3 years it puts it all into perspective with what he accomplished & why he's considered one of the goat's if not the greatest. He never peaked either & had he lived to release Born Again it would've solidified his status to me

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Biggie was a dope rapper who had skills no doubt but he wholesale sharked a lot from Pac:

"Buuurthhhddaaaaysss was the wooorrssstt daaaaayyyssss" :pachaha:

Beat selection, concepts, the death gimmick, pieces of the flow and his overall vibe.

If they'd never met Pac would still be Pac but BIG would be a totally different MC without Pacs obvious influence because then as in now you need a hook, an image to get your point over because skills alone weren't enough.

Be a delusional stan brehs :mjlol:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
he just copied the death row formula

Biggie was a dope rapper who had skills no doubt but he wholesale sharked a lot from Pac:

If they'd never met Pac would still be Pac but BIG would be a totally different MC without Pacs obvious influence because then as in now you need a hook, an image to get your point over because skills alone weren't enough.
nikkas just can't help it :skip:

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He and Redman were the best cypher MCs of all time

Just throw a beat on for em

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Scarface clearly influenced both of them. The sole reason people run with the whole "BIG bit Pac" angle is because Pac said it. And I don't even remember anybody saying that shyt in real time. It's mostly fodder for internet discussions.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the thread I don't recall thinking :ohhh:"this guy is revolutionizing rap music" in real time when I heard BIG. I thought he was cool but this level of hyperbole didn't really start until after he died.

Fred.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
As far as the thread I don't recall thinking :ohhh:"this guy is revolutionizing rap music" in real time when I heard BIG. I thought he was cool but this level of hyperbole didn't really start until after he died.

Fred.

Big definitely did take rap to a different level & made other artists want to raise their game. He might not have revolutionized rap while living like Rakim did but it goes back to my post in this thread where people started looking at what he accomplished in his 3 years in the game

• Dap
Reactions: hex

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

Fred.

Because it's bullshyt lol, and RTD was the first album I decided to pay money for rather than steal.

• Dap
Reactions: hex