The Vince Staples Show - TV Series (Netflix/Produced by Kenya Barris & Vince Staples/Feb 15th)

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
How y'all feel about the Kenya Barris body of work?

Bro clearly got a talented pen game when he want to, or possibly when other mfs is in the room with to help him stay focused on the task at hand. Just being involved in Soul Food & OG White Men Can't Jump alone is high points. Let alone adding in shyt like Black Ish, which for network television, it was solid as you can get for a modern day TV show bout us, & not just one box for us but the different variety. And he has a hand in Enter The Galactic wit Cudi and now this Staples shyt too?

Bro pretty much a proponent of what niccas be asking for when they say they want different black shows/movies that ain't just on no one more Power or The Chi type of time.

Don't get it twisted tho, he has some duds in there but it's not enough to say he ain't earned a space on the above average screenwriter/director section. If it was a film room HOF, he'd be a 2nd or 3rd ballot fasho :ehh:

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Damn, just 5 Eps? I'm salty. I thought I was in for at least a 10-pack but I guess Netflix ole goofy ass doing breh like how the bank mgr did him in the show. Tryna see if he worth it or not. Niccas gotta make sure they hit that "like button & subscribe" I guess on some streamer algo shyt smh :martin:

Breh really got taking out to the byke of the buildings & done dirty by DUDE & Co. :dead:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Why are we black
full

Let me hold something NEPHEW:birdman:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Damn, just 5 Eps? I'm salty. I thought I was in for at least a 10-pack but I guess Netflix ole goofy ass doing breh like how the bank mgr did him in the show. Tryna see if he worth it or not. Niccas gotta make sure they hit that "like button & subscribe" I guess on some streamer algo shyt smh :martin:

Breh really got taking out to the byke of the buildings & done dirty by DUDE & Co. :dead:

Yes this shyt needed like 13 eps!

Man I didn’t know what to expect with this…. Didn’t really see the trailer some maybe my expectations was low.

But this shyt had me rolling.

I legit watched all the eps and ran it back. On ep 3 the cookout jawn a second time lol

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Can somebody explain the Uncle in episode 3?

was that ngga dead and he was thinking sbout taking his place in the family,

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Can somebody explain the Uncle in episode 3?

was that ngga dead and he was thinking sbout taking his place in the family,

Ion think bro was no ghost or nothing cuz the other family members saw him but I do think he was about to one himself outside the Coliseum and/or is in the process of dying which would be ironic since breh was driving a bronco, played for USC and news just dropped OJ got cancer or sum shyt :patrice: , ergo leaving da Unc spot to Vince fasho

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Yes this shyt needed like 13 eps!

Man I didn’t know what to expect with this…. Didn’t really see the trailer some maybe my expectations was low.

But this shyt had me rolling.

I legit watched all the eps and ran it back. On ep 3 the cookout jawn a second time lol

Yea I might have to run this back another day as one of my WFH shows to pass the time & shyt. Shyt got stupid funny as the eps went on. Better see it get renewed for a 2nd season that don't drop no later than late this year or early next year.

Also, it was good to see Vanessa Bell Callaway here. She's been holding it down for the longest.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Now the last 2 episodes are great. Ep 4 was def Atlanta with the weirdness.

And I know there will be some YT vids on the hidden meanings, themes. Not in every episode but it's def some common themes in here. Miracles, danger, death.

I like his gf as a character. But his "bark like a dog" mama was not good. She tried to hard and it didn't seem authentic

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Now the last 2 episodes are great. Ep 4 was def Atlanta with the weirdness.

And I know there will be some YT vids on the hidden meanings, themes. Not in every episode but it's def some common themes in here. Miracles, danger, death.

I like his gf as a character. But his "bark like a dog" mama was not good. She tried to hard and it didn't seem authentic

I liked her. Seemed like a quintessential LA mom who was involved in the life herself to me. Which is how Vince himself wanted her played from what he said on his Breakfast Club interview. He said his mom ain't like most moms cuz she was damn near thuggin' herself fr, just like in the show. Vanessa came to him and asked how his mom would think, how she would say this and so forth and he pretty much directed her exactly how he wanted ma Dukes to come off.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Episode 2 got me rolling dawg…

Vince came a long way from the epar days with Earl..proud of him