The us media has the nerve to elevate "raygun" after she got breakdancing canceled from the olympics

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I just feel a certain way about the whole category being in the Olympics. While I believe it deserves recognition and promotion, I don’t really like to see mainstream culture control something that once was in the hands of minorities.

It usually means a select few benefit from the exploitation of the art while new figures from outside the culture begin injecting the art form with their views and opinions.

And yes, there are breakdancing crews from all over the world, I’ve seen a ton of them especially in Europe. I’d say they’re predominantly out there, really. Or the most organized.

But, that doesn’t mean that they’re part of the culture. I feel it’s lowkey cosplay on a lot of other groups that take up art forms developed by minorities. I can’t accept someone just being entertained by our culture as someone who is worthy and a practitioner.

As far as her particular struggle or whatever, I don’t care. If this is her base level of struggle, getting recognized at the Olympics, she really did miss the real struggle and development that comes out of being in the culture. She’s just really catching attention versus suffering because of her craft.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
this the type of bytch they gonna call in to talk about hip hop history in a few years
Trust, she’s probably already doing clinics and classes that have those elements in them.

There’s no doubt in my mind. Thing is, it’s people outside of the culture talking about culture they don’t belong to.

And this is where the problem begins, you have representatives from outside the culture selling information to others outside of the culture. They’re letting these people become not only authorities in educational terms as they’re allowed to sell their story, we’re letting them become business authorities over our culture by giving them information to sell and allowing them to create business structures involving OUR culture.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
I hope they discontinue this. Unless we get a black crew that start to dominate

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Are you serious? Yo she was so trash she made the whole event a clown show, there not gonna have breakdancing ever again at the Olympics b/c how trash she was.

Yeah mayne. Got other info, it allegedly was her HUSBAND who was the judge.

Told yall, nepotism RUNS the world smh.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
They been cancelled break dancing from the LA Olympics months ago .

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They’re eliminating breaking for an Olympics that they should’ve saved it for. This lady is being clowned into oblivion.. nothing is going to save her. She literally killed an Olympic event lol. I’m sure she’s not the reason they killed it but she def didn’t help :russ:
I think they were testing to see how this was received before committing to making it a regular event. She killed any chance of that happening.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I love it. A "breakdancing" event that pretty had nothing to do it's originators and the whole "sport" come out looking like clowns.

edit: and by "sport" i mean this olympics bullshyt. Not the people that really get down with breaking/boogaloo/pop-locking/etc...