The US Gov't in the 1970s Tried to Prevent an Alliance between Africa and Black America

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
By using logic, you would deduce that the US wanted to prevent an alliance which COULD have occurred. There's no such 'alliance' now because of US efforts.
:francis:

Yea that argument is garbage.

No disrespect but yall need to hold africa to a higher standard and either admit they don't give a damn... or they're as clueless as children compared to us in the states.

I give them enough credit to accept the idea that they don't really give a shyt about us :francis:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Yea that argument is garbage.

No disrespect but yall need to hold africa to a higher standard and either admit they don't give a damn... or they're as clueless as children compared to us in the states.

I give them enough credit to accept the idea that they don't really give a shyt about us :francis:

Have you met EVERY single African to make this solid claim?

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Have you met EVERY single African to make this solid claim?

You're cherry picking again but it's my fault for not being specific - my bad.

In my previous post i mentioned "Africa" in quotes, meaning the governing bodies of African nations (Individual countries and the AU).

"Africa" either don't care about us, or are too stupid to understand the importance of offering tangible options for their enslaved people.

So which is it?

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
And i TOTALLY reject the notion that WE, the terrorized, disenfranchised, LOST, and oppressed in the diaspora need to be the ones making the connections happen between us and africa.

fukk that. The onus is on THEM :ufdup:

They have the resources, they have the power, they need to be busting their ass to collect their own people :martin:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
And i TOTALLY reject the notion that WE, the terrorized, disenfranchised, LOST, and oppressed in the diaspora need to be the ones making the connections happen between us and africa.

They have the resources, they have the power, they need to be busting their ass to collect their own people :martin:

You're right that there's a greater onus on pockets of black autonomy to make connections.

I promise to you, if I ever gain the power to initiate this - I will.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

Looking at another way tho: does Africa really need African Americans?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
You're cherry picking again but it's my fault for not being specific - my bad.

In my previous post i mentioned "Africa" in quotes, meaning the governing bodies of African nations (Individual countries and the AU).

"Africa" either don't care about us, or are too stupid to understand the importance of offering tangible options for their enslaved people.

So which is it?
If case you forgotten there were many black revolutionist such as Malcolm X who went to Africa and built alliances with African leaders. You already mentioned Ghana, but the Tanzania government has been asking AAs to go there and start businesses.
Tanzania: Dar Tells African Americans: Come and Retire Here
Nairobi — Tanazania has invited African Americans to come invest in Tanzania in various economic ventures, especially retirement homes for their compatriots around Lake Victoria and along the country's 800-plus km Indian Ocean coast.

The Director of Investment at the Tanzania Investment Centre (TIC), Daniel Ole Naiko, told The EastAfrican that Tanzania was prepared to offer land to Americans willing to invest in the country, saying Tanzania had many untapped investment opportunities.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200304060108.html

And this wasn't even the last...
"I remember reading something whereby the African-Americans in the United States, if they were constituted as a country, could be almost the 16th largest economy in the world. I think that means quite a lot as far as what is available within the hands and the powers of the African Americans and what could be done in Tanzania if they could operate here as citizens," he told The Root.
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2012/08/dual_citizenship_does_africa_want_us_back.html

Not only that but iirc Malcolm X had close relations with one of the governments of Tanzania or Zanzibar. Moving on from Tanzania you have other African governments offering to help AAs. Libya sent the NOI large sums of money being another example. There are some African governments that could care less about the AA situation but saying ALL is a problem argument because at the end of the day African governments are going to put their people first like AAs will put their people first. However none of this should not be an excuse to discourage business with one another!

So to anser you question is not as simple as your making it out to be. And no this is NOT me capping because just ask @MansaMusa I have trashed African leaders A LOT.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Looking at another way tho: does Africa really need African Americans?

My nikka you asked a real question :myman:

I would say yes but let's say i'm wrong.

If they don't need us, why is the bytch ass African Union using us a political football?
Tryna shame the U.S. over some nikkas they don't need, for what?

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
My nikka you asked a real question :myman:

I would say yes but let's say i'm wrong.

If they don't need us, why is the bytch ass African Union using us a political football?
Tryna shame the U.S. over some nikkas they don't need, for what?
Maybe they are fed up with west (retreating from icc , standing up to trump on the visa issue etc. ) or want to prevent further visa restrictions that will affect the flow of remittances :yeshrug:

I don't got answer just questions :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If case you forgotten there were many black revolutionist such as Malcolm X who went to Africa and built alliances with African leaders. You already mentioned Ghana, but the Tanzania government has been asking AAs to go there and start businesses.
Tanzania: Dar Tells African Americans: Come and Retire Here
Nairobi — Tanazania has invited African Americans to come invest in Tanzania in various economic ventures, especially retirement homes for their compatriots around Lake Victoria and along the country's 800-plus km Indian Ocean coast.

The Director of Investment at the Tanzania Investment Centre (TIC), Daniel Ole Naiko, told The EastAfrican that Tanzania was prepared to offer land to Americans willing to invest in the country, saying Tanzania had many untapped investment opportunities.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200304060108.html

And this wasn't even the last...
"I remember reading something whereby the African-Americans in the United States, if they were constituted as a country, could be almost the 16th largest economy in the world. I think that means quite a lot as far as what is available within the hands and the powers of the African Americans and what could be done in Tanzania if they could operate here as citizens," he told The Root.
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2012/08/dual_citizenship_does_africa_want_us_back.html

Not only that but iirc Malcolm X had close relations with one of the governments of Tanzania or Zanzibar. Moving on from Tanzania you have other African governments offering to help AAs. Libya sent the NOI large sums of money being another example. There are some African governments that could care less about the AA situation but saying ALL is a problem argument because at the end of the day African governments are going to put their people first like AAs will put their people first. However none of this should not be an excuse to discourage business with one another!

So to anser you question is not as simple as your making it out to be. And no this is NOT me capping because just ask @MansaMusa I have trashed African leaders A LOT.

Shout out to Tanzania, we're not even FROM there and they at least talked about it :myman:
RIP to Gaddafi as well. From what i studied, and according to Farrakhan, he was a real one and that's good enough for me :mjcry:

:snoop: at the bolded...

Yes i'm cherry picking a bit here but i wanna make a point :whoa: This idea that we aren't the same people is a PROBLEM. Taking care of THEIR people first would mean taking care of US. We are them, they are us, and they haven't made enough of an effort to help us, which is ultimately helping themselves. They're capable of helping us but they haven't.

I could be wrong here but wasn't every major attempt to engage and unite with africa started by african americans? :jbhmm:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Shout out to Tanzania, we're not even FROM there and they at least talked about it :myman:
RIP to Gaddafi as well. From what i studied, and according to Farrakhan, he was a real one and that's good enough for me :mjcry:

:snoop: at the bolded...

Yes i'm cherry picking a bit here but i wanna make a point :whoa: This idea that we aren't the same people is a PROBLEM. Taking care of THEIR people first would mean taking care of US. We are them, they are us, and they haven't made enough of an effort to help us, which is ultimately helping themselves :francis:

I could be wrong here but wasn't every major attempt to engage and unite with africa started by african americans? :jbhmm:

I'm pretty sure they were however African leaders WERE funding them... See this thread here(because most of my points come from it).
Did Malcolm X Have Passion for Tanzania?