The Umbrella Academy - Season 2 (7.31.20/Official Thread)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
think i got one episode left and i still don't really give a fukk about any of the characters besides Klaus and #5. I was actually fine with whatsherface killing other whatsherface, b/c whatsherface is fukkin boring, and the other whatsherface had a pretty cool power but didn't use it for like 6 episodes. she was just there, and her "origin" episode sucked. the screenplay was a lot better than the show... but it's still ok

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Just finished ep 5:dwillhuh:
So Ellen does have abilities?:ohhh:What is she doing exactly? I don't really understand Fives abilities is it just cause he can't control it. I was hoping he'd be on some Cable shyt:lolbron:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I just finished and this was excellent. I only browsed some of the books before, but never fully invested in them. I may get the TPB. I wish hey had got someone else to play White Violin. Her look in the comics was always one of my favorite designs.

wavycam

Pro
Daps
Only on ep 4 so hopefully it picks up but it feels like a drag to watch at times and the only character I really fw is 5ive

Conz

Superstar
Daps
finished. tough sell when you're actively rooting for 2/3's of the family to get the fukk off the screen, but it's solid. will watch next season no doubt.

i stand by Diego being fukkin terrible.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching this and overall enjoyed it :ehh:

I'll drop some thoughts in spoilers, especially some moments in the end

Diego started out as the main a$$hole in the family, but Luthor took the spot by the end. No wonder the Dad sent this dude to the moon :mjlol:. Instead of talking to Vanya like an adult when she is clearly showing remorse, he bear hugs her and locks her up in the same place she was placed as a kid :gucci:. Then after Allison tries to let Vanya out, he disagrees and has no real plan. If the family had just treated her better, they could have avoided her snapping and worked to help control her power, now that she is an adult and not a little kid :francis:. a$$hole dad could have done the same thing by talking to her as she got older too. Pogo was that chimp :obama:, Number 5 was great, music was on point, Klaus had plenty of :russ:moments (definitely some Nathan from Misfits in there). The show looked really good, Pogo was impressive. Diego was nice with knives, and I was :to:when Batch got got.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Just finished it. All i'mma say is Luthor is fukkin dumbass, and to those complaining about Ellen being dry.. I feel that she played her role well. She's depressed and repressed her whole life, of course that's how she'd act. Funny enough, she showed emotion better than most the cast
OH and
she DBZed the moon :mjlol:

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I loved it. Had a Watchmen feel minus the costumes and I dig the bits of mystery peppered in that you know will get dealt with later. Hold thing kept my attention.

Couldn't help but see similarities of Xmen in this, but I ain't mad. Fox done tried two times to get a good Dark Phoenix movie and Netflix outchea getting it done in one shot.
:Mjtithes:

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the dumbest show I’ve ever watched and it’s an insult by far to call this an excellent television show.

So the father’s master plan to stop the apolocalypse is to kill himself to get all the kids together which in turn brings Vayna around her family that drudges up all the problems they have which in turn leads to vayna learning about her powers and causing said apocalypse.

Then you spend a whole season of the show telling us that this father trained and emotionally and mentally scarred his kids to become superheroes and these are the most ineffective and incapable fighting team on the planet. These clowns have powers and Hazel and cha cha are more effective at getting ish done than these people.

Not to mention the inconsistency of five’s powers. Also they basically ripped and watered down the storyline from season 1 of heroes. The beginning of umbrella had promise and then it just devolves as the season goes on, gets boring, and super predictable.