The U.S. Ultimatum on Huawei Is Backfiring :UPDATE: Google banning Huawei from Android updates and

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I saw a youtube video saying most asians don't use watsapp
they use wechat.

which i believe was nominated the best app in the world...multiple years. I cant lie....it is. that bytch is a swiss army knife of apps. its like 20 apps in one.

i did my bills, paid rent, delivery, transferred money instantly (no fee), went to the grocery store and paid items with it via qr code. shyt is insane. i still use it to transfer files from my phone to laptop vice verse.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Breh china would be crippled just as long if not longer.

Folks fail to realize how westernized china is. The number 1 fast food restaurant in china is KFC. The most popular car company in china buick.

When I go to china for work I eat at subway and go to poppa johns and pizza hut with my coworkers for pizza. Two months ago I was in china and broke my belt. So I went to walmart and bought another belt.

Thats how much american companies are engrained in china
I wouldn't go that far. YOU were going to papa johns and pizza hut because it's what youre familiar with, but your average chinese will maybe go there on a special occasion like once a year.

I wouldn't say its westernized, they do like american products tho, just like americans like european products like gucci. but the average regular chinese really isnt doing all that.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
they use wechat.

which i believe was nominated the best app in the world...multiple years. I cant lie....it is. that bytch is a swiss army knife of apps. its like 20 apps in one.

i did my bills, paid rent, delivery, transferred money instantly (no fee), went to the grocery store and paid items with it via qr code. shyt is insane. i still use it to transfer files from my phone to laptop vice verse.
Imma try it

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
If china gives in to this ,they will forever b

Imma try it
problem with that is, no one in america uses it, so itll be useless. I wish we had an american version of it, but then it would put a lot of companies out of business. now that ive left, it sucks cause now im back using 20 different apps again.

wechat is freakin lit, it even has a dating app within it, which works kind of like tinder it scans people nearby. when I said that bytch does everything, it does EVERYTHING lol.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They have the plans but lack the technology to build these planes so

:manny:

True. They lack the engineering know how and the quality.

In china its all about quality. Like I was mentioning even chinese people will admit that the quality of their products suck.

They really lack true quality control. For example there are many and I mean many american engineers in places like Shanghai and Guanghzhou (I meet them all the time). Usually they are there to help over see quality with production. Because in china manufacturing and production is almost like the wild west.

Counterfeit material, products and electronics from suppliers that can get into your assembly as a large manufacturer. Suppliers lying about materials or their business being a front when they are actually doing business out of a garage or a shack.

Man all types of crazy shyt I have seen in china. Its cool when they making your phones. But will put the fear of god in you if them electronic components on the plane you flying in got some counterfeit parts from china. Or shyt your pants if the metal that supports the structure in your car was some fake metal that some 3rd party supplier in china pushed off on buick. That is why international companies are so tough with china when it comes to quality when they have manufacturing sites there.

So this is the reason from a technology standpoint why they struggle with quality even though often times they stole the blue print on how to build the product.

When you work international you realize each culture is different from a business standpoint. For example I work in the Czech Republic also. From a business standpoints Czech's are more prone to ask for guidance. If you don't give it to them specifically the process can go off the train tracks and your product will be fukked. But if your process is clean and you gave precise guidance. Them damn Czech's will build the fukk out some shyt and the quality will be immaculate.

Where as doing business in china culturally they are prone to say yes, yes that they understand then turn around and do the opposite once you leave the facility. So if you implement quality control with them you have to ride them over and over again to make sure they follow the process.

Last edited:

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't go that far. YOU were going to papa johns and pizza hut because it's what youre familiar with, but your average chinese will maybe go there on a special occasion like once a year.

I wouldn't say its westernized, they do like american products tho, just like americans like european products like gucci. but the average regular chinese really isnt doing all that.

Yeah isnt it Christmas tradition to eat KFC there? :russ:

Or maybe that's Japan I forget

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
True. They lack the engineering know how and the quality.

In china its all about quality. Like I was mentioning even chinese people will admit that the quality of their products suck.

They really lack true quality control. For example there are many and I mean many american engineers in places like Shanghai and Guanghzhou (I meet them all the time). Usually they are there to help over see quality with production. Because in china manufacturing and production is almost like the wild west.

Counterfeit material, products and electronics from suppliers that can get into your assembly as a large manufacturer. Suppliers lying about materials or their business being a front when they are actually doing business out of a garage or a shack.

Man all types of crazy shyt I have seen in china. Its cool when they making your phones. But will put the fear of god in you if them electronic components on the plane you flying in got some counterfeit parts from china. Or shyt your pants if the metal that supports the structure in your car was some fake metal that some 3rd party supplier in china pushed off on buick. That is why international companies are so tough with china when it comes to quality when they manufacturing sites there.

So this is the reason from a technology standpoint why they struggle with quality even though often times they stole the blue print on how to build the product.

When you work international you realize each culture is different from a business standpoint. For example I work in the Czech Republic also. From a business standpoints Czech's are more prone to ask for guidance. If you don't give it to them specifically the process can go off the train tracks and your product will be fukked. But if your process is clean and you gave precise guidance. Them damn Czech's will build the fukk out some shyt and the quality will be immaculate.

Where as doing business in china culturally they are prone to say yes, yes that they understand then turn around and do the opposite once you leave the facility. So if you implement quality control with them your have to ride them over and over again to make sure they follow the process.

I been eating good off Taobao :whew:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag

I think that's Japan. KFC is HORRIBLE in China. I got food poisoning off that shyt once. Projectile vomit that went so long I started throwing up clear stomach fluid.. It don't even resemble chicken, shyt be looking like seagull, big ass lopsided breasts that taste like a leg breast wing combination. :wtf:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I been eating good off Taobao :whew:
I still use that bytch to download illegal software lol. nikka got like 10K worth of plugins for C4D and Studio One.

I still don't know how they cracked Octane Render, it's a $500 program that I don't even see on torrent sites. :wtf:

Taobao is dark web, you can find anything on there, a nikka could buy a real life fox on that bytch. lol.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Not sure if its Christmas tradition but they love that shyt.

Like I said before I travel to places like india and mexico for work. Not even a place like India IMO has a thirst for western products to consume like China.

Breh when you go to china ain't nothing to see chinese folks rising around in Cadillacs and shyt. Be in downtown Shanghai and see a kat riding around in a lambo....:lolbron:

I remember when I first went to china. My driver picks me up from the Shanghai airport. He drives me to the factory in Suzhou. While I am on the highway I see a chinese boy driving a black Benz sitting on some gold 22 inch rims...:mjlol:.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
So we won't be able to get the Huawei Mate X in America?

There’s a lot gray area within those words. But the bottom line is, nothing is changing right now. Your Huawei P30 Pro or Mate 20 will continue to function as normal, and you’ll be able to download, delete, and update apps as you’ve always been. And there’s good reason to believe that things won’t change for a while,

1. Transitions take time
We’ve only just heard about Google’s decision to revoke Huawei’s license, so it will likely be a very long time before the effects are felt. Even if it’s a universal ban, removing apps, search, and the Play Store from Huawei phones isn’t as easy as flipping a switch, as Google’s services are intertwined into Android and Huawei’s EMUI skin. So your Huawei phone will work the same today as it did yesterday and likely will for many months to come while the two companies work out how an Android world looks without Google.

Peter Sayer/IDG
mwc_huawei-100750742-large.jpg

2. Existing phones might be exempt
We don’t know the full details of Google’s license revocation, but there’s a chance that phones that are already on the market will be exempt from the decision. Huawei had a contract in place with Google that covered all of its phones, and it sold them to customers based on the inclusion of the Play Store and Google’s services, so lawyers and executives will need to come to an agreement. There’s a lot to be worked out by Google, Huawei, and the U.S. government, and until then, older Huawei phones will likely still receive security and app updates as they did before.

3. Huawei likely has a plan
While the news that Google has cut off Huawei’s Android license is definitely shocking, it’s not all that surprising. The U.S. government has had it out for Huawei for a while, and a soft ban on selling Huawei’s handsets in the United States was already in place. Google’s move represents the so-called nuclear option, but Huawei had to anticipate that something like this could happen at some point. So the company likely has several plans in place, including a ground-up redesign of its EMUI OS that doesn’t include any Android source code and several contingency options that replace Google’s services. Of course, that raises just as many questions—the least of which, how secure it would be—but I’m quite sure Huawei’s engineers are hard at work on the solutions.

4. EMUI OS isn’t affected
It’s important to note that no matter how and when the license revocation goes into affect, Huawei’s core EMUI code won’t be affected. That’s because it's based on the Android Open Source Project, which is fully free for anyone to use, no matter their status or relationship with the U.S. government. So while Google can block the use of its apps and the Play Store on Huawei phones, most of what you know about EMUI could stay intact if Huawei chooses. Of course, it’s unlikely EMUI will operate the same way without things like the Play Store, Chrome, and Google Maps, but it’s possible.

Michael Simon/IDG
The Huawei mate 10 Pro might never feel the effects of Google’s license ban.

huawei-mate-10-pro-full-100738706-large.jpg

5. Google doesn’t want to hurt users
The fact of the matter is, Google has as much to lose in this fight as Huawei does. It’s not just that it’s relinquishing a major client, it’s that millions of users already own Huawei phones running Android and Google apps on them. If apps are broken, updates stop coming, or Play Store security is compromised, is reflects just as poorly on Google as it does on Huawei. So Google will likely work with Huawei and the U.S. government to come up with a solution that’s amenable to all parties and doesn’t leave Huawei phones vulnerable to attack.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Not sure if its Christmas tradition but they love that shyt.

Like I said before I travel to places like india and mexico for work. Not even a place like India IMO has a thirst for western products to consume like China.

Breh when you go to china ain't nothing to see chinese folks rising around in Cadillacs and shyt. Be in downtown Shanghai and see a kat riding around in a lambo....:lolbron:

I remember when I first went to china. My driver picks me up from the Shanghai airport. He drives me to the factory in Suzhou. While I am on the highway I see a chinese boy driving a black Benz sitting on some gold 22 inch rims...:mjlol:.
Hows the night life