The Truth thread (TTT,T3,T³)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
They both need positional audio information, so yes the games (or whatever media) need to supply this. You're not getting positional audio in DooM 2 from just left or right channels. You need the positional information.

As for Sonic being a platform-level, yes it is, but the games still need to use it. It really just offers something the developers don't have to go elsewhere for in terms of having a spatial audio client for use and for development cases. Up to the developers for inclusion and whatever.

In the meantime, does anyone have the Atmos app? I had a "special" version of it for unlimited use and it was neat to experience, but I eventually went back to Stereo audio with that as well. The novelty wore off and I preferred the easier listening in Stereo as opposed to much-higher variability in the spatial sense. Maybe I'll try it again soon.
I tried the free month they give years ago and it was cool but there wasn't much content at the time. I can't remember what game i tried but i did watch black hawk down with it and was impressed. The technology didn't spread as fast as one would expect. With that said, moving forward it's becoming more standard so I'm not worried as an xbox gamer.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I tried the free month they give years ago and it was cool but there wasn't much content at the time. I can't remember what game i tried but i did watch black hawk down with it and was impressed. The technology didn't spread as fast as one would expect. With that said, moving forward it's becoming more standard so I'm not worried as an xbox gamer.
And the truth shall set you free :blessed::mjlol: