The Truth thread (TTT,T3,T³)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Both sonic and atmos have to be coded into the game, not many games take advantage of that.
:snoop:
Atmos yes, sonic no. Are you learning anything new on that exact talking point or nah :dwillhuh:
Atmos has been used in the majority of major releases over the last 18 months or so but sonic got your back if it didn't. Call of duty got it nah mean, would you need atmos for a game like mortal combat? Probably not, then ppl like you can act like that's a problem :yawn:
For PC you still need an app. For xbox you still need the right equipment because normal headphones aren't getting you the full experience.
I've already debunked that in this thread so I'll direct you to the op.
I dont even understand what you're arguing now. You went from talking about tempest not being anything special, to comparing it top of the line audio quality.

What tempest claims to be is nothing special because atmos can do the same. Mark Cerny lied about what atmos does to make tempest sound like it's superior. Which you can see here because it's T³ up in dis bytch :banderas:
Dolby Atmos Can Also Support Hundreds of Objects Like PS5's Tempest Audio Engine, Says Dolby

Once you was corrected on that you then hung your hat on atmos not being in most games but you're talking yesterday. It's in call of duty fool, it's in everything that really could use it and it'll be used more next gen. Already baked into the xbox series x right. But then I schooled you on how windows sonic will also evolve. And that doesn't need to be programmed in. You're only goalpost to stand on now is how tempest doesn't require any *gasp* one time confirmation login... you know, like windows sonic. Ok,i hear that, but im also hearing call of duty in headsets right now while you claiming there's this obstacle :hhh: series X got some shyt up its sleeve, tbc...
Because you make entire threads posting a company’s advertising material instead of first hand impressions and before/after comparisons.

You love this app. It’s makes 7-11 earbuds sound like aTHX certified theater. I get it. Now what headphones did you use before and after the app? What games did you compare and what directional sound we’re you able to hear that you weren’t able to hear before the app? Don’t post me links to what some other guy experienced. Tell me what you found.
Didn't read :yeshrug:

:umad:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Atmos yes, sonic no. Are you learning anything new on that exact talking point or nah :dwillhuh:
You need stereo headphones for sonic to experience the full effect.

And not every game is designed to take advantage of it.

You dont even understand what you're talking about.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
You need stereo headphones for sonic to experience the full effect.
False :yawn:
https://www.howtogeek.com/356481/how-windows-sonic-spatial-sound-works/
And not every game is designed to take advantage of it.
Why not just say you have no clue how sonic works and keep it moving :dahell:
You dont even understand what you're talking about.

I love the sassy snoop at the end to really make yourself look smart :mjlol: I'm just glad we could clear up any misconceptions :handshake:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
False :yawn:
https://www.howtogeek.com/356481/how-windows-sonic-spatial-sound-works/

Why not just say you have no clue how sonic works and keep it moving :dahell:

I love the sassy snoop at the end to really make yourself look smart :mjlol: I'm just glad we could clear up any misconceptions :handshake:
From your link

"These spatial sound features only work with applications that provide the spatial data to Windows."

"Unlike with true surround sound, you’re still using a standard pair of stereo headphones with only two speakers—one for each ear. However, the virtual surround sound provides more better positional audio cues, which are particularly useful when playing PC or Xbox games."

"With the “Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound” feature enabled, you’ll get some mixed positional audio in your headphones with any 7.1 surround sound signal. However, for the best positional audio, you’ll need applications that actually provide that positional audio data to Windows (or your Xbox One.)"

Only 13 xbox games are compatible btw

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Atmos has been used in the majority of major releases over the last 18 months or so but sonic got your back if it didn't. Call of duty got it nah mean, would you need atmos for a game like mortal combat? Probably not, then ppl like you can act like that's a problem :yawn:

I've already debunked that in this thread so I'll direct you to the op.

What tempest claims to be is nothing special because atmos can do the same. Mark Cerny lied about what atmos does to make tempest sound like it's superior. Which you can see here because it's T³ up in dis bytch :banderas:
Dolby Atmos Can Also Support Hundreds of Objects Like PS5's Tempest Audio Engine, Says Dolby

Once you was corrected on that you then hung your hat on atmos not being in most games but you're talking yesterday. It's in call of duty fool, it's in everything that really could use it and it'll be used more next gen. Already baked into the xbox series x right. But then I schooled you on how windows sonic will also evolve. And that doesn't need to be programmed in. You're only goalpost to stand on now is how tempest doesn't require any *gasp* one time confirmation login... you know, like windows sonic. Ok,i hear that, but im also hearing call of duty in headsets right now while you claiming there's this obstacle :hhh: series X got some shyt up its sleeve, tbc...

Didn't read :yeshrug:

:umad:
...and you didn’t use the app either. :mjlol:do you even own headphones?:ohhh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This nikka feelings really hurt he can't post in the official ps5 thread

:mjlol:
@Mowgli
@Kamikaze Revy
@Fatboi1
My man is in here droppin dissertations about a software program he hasn’t used and is unable to provide his own impressions. Let some nerds tell you how to feel about a $20 app and then argue on their behalf brehs :wow:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
We only tell the truth here, so that means @Rekkapryde and @Fatboi1 cannot post here. If they do, i swear to gawd I'll take my ball and go home, probably bite a pillow or 2 :yeshrug:

There are too many misconceptions going round and what's clear is people can look up anything including post from YouTube, Twitter and other websites but those same people are oblivious to basic information. I'll address the topics as they come, we'll start with brotha @5n0man (5n0 never stuck out until now)

You made a claim about tempest working anywhere and Dolby needed special treatment that cost us the consumer hundreds of dollars but that's incorrect...
Dolby Atmos for Headphones

Hope today's lesson has been fruitful, now you're playing with power. Tbc...
:dame:ad infinitum

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
This is like the good ol days, nikkaz mad hurt and then wanna try to flip the narrative. But real will always shine amongst the fake. So let's keep this truth train trucking :bandrras:
From your link

"These spatial sound features only work with applications that provide the spatial data to Windows."

"Unlike with true surround sound, you’re still using a standard pair of stereo headphones with only two speakers—one for each ear. However, the virtual surround sound provides more better positional audio cues, which are particularly useful when playing PC or Xbox games."

"With the “Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound” feature enabled, you’ll get some mixed positional audio in your headphones with any 7.1 surround sound signal. However, for the best positional audio, you’ll need applications that actually provide that positional audio data to Windows (or your Xbox One.)"

Only 13 xbox games are compatible btw
So look, first you say you need special headphones and that was incorrect. You don't acknowledge you're folly, instead you come back at a new angle that is either incorrect or half true. I correct that and you switch it again :stop: Atmos needs to be programmed in advance, sonic? No it doesn't. Now the half truth with that is if a developer programs in advanced audio into the game then atmos or sonic can take advantage of it because they both are essentially the same. This began because you was saying tempest is built into the design of the overheating ps5 :troll: now this same link that you've butchered says this...
As Microsoft’s developer documentation puts it, Windows Sonic is a “platform-level solution for spatial sound support on Xbox on Windows.” Application developers can use spatial sound APIs to “create audio objects that emit audio from positions in 3D space.” All applications can take advantage of this—new UWP apps, traditional Windows desktop applications, standard PC games, and Xbox One games.
Platform level eh? As for how many support it natively? Name the hit game that needs it that doesn't have it :yawn: or name the ps4 title with it? Cuz it'll be utilized by all developers next gen, platform level (Tru Story)
This nikka feelings really hurt he can't post in the official ps5 thread

:mjlol:
@Mowgli
@Kamikaze Revy
@Fatboi1
Let's keep it 100 since this the truth thread, I'm mocking you. Maybe you're slow enough to really think it's about posting in "a ps5 thread" :stop:

You see how you and him posted here anyway, exactly, good for you. I'd be a fukkin clown for trying to control that and yet that's what happened in the other thread. So my beef is with the notion that some moist nikkaz get to dictate and control my freedom to post. You nikkaz post conversations from other sites, YouTube content section, Twitter. What did i do to warrant a mod to infringe on my rights? All you nikkaz remained quiet when i asked. It's sucka shyt, every post you dudes make is sucka shyt 99% of the time. That's not "it's just jokes" that's "sucka shyt". Y'all nikkaz chumps. Let me have a one on one with little boy tho..
Official PS5 thread got that piff content too damn
This is piff right here little boy

Ya whole style chump...
...and you didn’t use the app either. :mjlol:do you even own headphones?:ohhh:
That family comment got you furious :umad:
Look bruh, yes and yes. Any other questions you can take up with me during big Red's office hours.
My man is in here droppin dissertations about a software program he hasn’t used and is unable to provide his own impressions. Let some nerds tell you how to feel about a $20 app and then argue on their behalf brehs :wow:
Nah revy isn't in his feelings right now, he's just this vile vulgar human being :picard:
:therethere:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Atmos yes, sonic no.

They both need positional audio information, so yes the games (or whatever media) need to supply this. You're not getting positional audio in DooM 2 from just left or right channels. You need the positional information.

As for Sonic being a platform-level, yes it is, but the games still need to use it. It really just offers something the developers don't have to go elsewhere for in terms of having a spatial audio client for use and for development cases. Up to the developers for inclusion and whatever.

In the meantime, does anyone have the Atmos app? I had a "special" version of it for unlimited use and it was neat to experience, but I eventually went back to Stereo audio with that as well. The novelty wore off and I preferred the easier listening in Stereo as opposed to much-higher variability in the spatial sense. Maybe I'll try it again soon.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4