The Trophies Remain, The King Never L3ft #HeatLifer: Miami Heat 2014-15 Season Thread

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
CCjqTMWXIAEJ8OU.jpg

this dude :heh:

Alexander The Great

Supporter
Daps
Whiteside showed some "new" post moves last night, including a little up and under, and used the pump fake. So he's learning. Ethan thinks he should play in Summer league and have them run the offense thru him while he's there. I think he needs to work on getting post position and keeping it. It looks like he gets pushed off too easily.

next season, Spoelstra is going to have to refine the offense again tho.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Whiteside showed some "new" post moves last night, including a little up and under, and used the pump fake. So he's learning. Ethan thinks he should play in Summer league and have them run the offense thru him while he's there. I think he needs to work on getting post position and keeping it. It looks like he gets pushed off too easily.

next season, Spoelstra is going to have to refine the offense again tho.

maybe we can bring in a real offensive coordinator. We dont have any specialty guys on our coaching staff and I dont have faith in Spoelstra to maximize the talents of this group

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
maybe we can bring in a real offensive coordinator. We dont have any specialty guys on our coaching staff and I dont have faith in Spoelstra to maximize the talents of this group
We need legit shooters. All our shooters left. We can score fairly easily once a team doesn't pack the paint. That's why we looked great when Beas hit them 3s in the 1st half couple games back.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
We need legit shooters. All our shooters left. We can score fairly easily once a team doesn't pack the paint. That's why we looked great when Beas hit them 3s in the 1st half couple games back.

Then we might have to jazzy jeff Deng (even though I believe he has a player option) between him and Wade the perimeter shooting isn't there at a consistent clip.

Ennis need to add 10-15 lbs this summer

Wade needs to lose 10 (I say this every year, he slims a little, then puts the weight right back on)

Napier, Johnson, and Whiteside could use a really good summer in the weight room too

Alexander The Great

Supporter
Daps
it's gonna be interesting to see what they are able to do.

1. Bosh
2. Wade (player's option)
3. Whiteside(non guranteed)
4. Dragic
5. Haslem
6. Chalmers
7. Mcroberts
8. Beasley
9. Dragic, Z
10. Johnson(non guranteed)
11. Ennis(non guaranteed)
12. Walker(non guaranteed)
13. Birdman
14. Napier

are all under contract or have team options(Wade has a Player's option, but he's not going anywhere) for next season. don't know how much wiggle they have unless there is a trade or 2.

Deng has player option

Alexander The Great

Supporter
Daps
For Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside, the past few summers have been about survival.

He's toured the world, playing in Las Vegas, China and Lebanon just so he could land a roster spot on an NBA team. Now with what appears to be a more permanent home, his developmental phase can truly begin.

After this breakout season, Whiteside will actually have time to work on his game instead of being busy chasing opportunities.

"It's going to be a big summer for me," Whiteside said. "My last couple of summers I had to go to China, I had to go to Lebanon. I had to go over here. This is really the first summer I can get with some coaches and actually work on my game and actually get on a program where I can lift weights and get better and become a better basketball player."

Whiteside plans to spend the offseason between Miami and Gastonia, N.C., his hometown. He will train here with the coaching staff, mainly assistant Juwan Howard and a program created by team president Pat Riley. The reason for going home is simple. Whiteside wants his workouts to resemble the ones he endured while he was still trying to make the league.

It's his way of not forgetting where he came from.

"I'm going to still do the things that got me here," Whiteside said. "I worked out at home to get me here."

So expect him playing pickup games this summer at the downtown YMCA in Charlotte, the gym he frequented when no NBA teams wanted him.

"They might double (cover) me a little bit more," Whiteside said, jokingly. "They might know who I am a little more, too."

Heat guard said he was aware of Nets loss giving Heat life.

Whiteside is averaging 11.8 points, 10 rebounds and 2.6 blocks entering Wednesday's regular-season finale against the Philadelphia 76ers. Despite still being bothered a hand injury, he put together perhaps his strongest three-game stretch of the season.

He recorded double-doubles against the Chicago Bulls, Toronto Raptors and Orlando Magic. He tied a season-high with 24 points against the Magic, also grabbing 13 rebounds and block five shots.

"That's how we need him for next season," guard Goran Dragic said. "I still think he can be one of the main, dominant centers in this league. Hopefully, he's going to keep improving."

The late-season dominance wasn't by coincidence. Heat coach Erik Spoelstra made an effort to get Whiteside more involved in the offense. They ran more plays for him down the stretch, a sign of confidence in his ability.